The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
    I am not a huge fan of this approach unless there is a witness who can put the group WHelan mentions in that house at that approx. time.
    I agree. If that guy doesn’t have a witness to back this up, then it’s incredibly irresponsible and possibly libel. I’ll admit though that the details and photos provided in his twitter feed are more convincing than the simple accusation sans evidence from Ford.

However, this is politics. The dems have done some incredibly reprehensible things during this process and the GOP is maybe just throwing some mud back. This is a good reminder to keep hating both parties...amiright uncle ted?
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      I agree. If that guy doesn’t have a witness to back this up, then it’s incredibly irresponsible and possibly libel.
      Nah, its just impeachment. No one is saying the other guy did it, they are just suggesting alternatives that cast doubt on Ford's version of events.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Nah, its just impeachment. No one is saying the other guy did it, they are just suggesting alternatives that cast doubt on Ford's version of events.
        It sure seems like Whelan thinks it goes farther than that. I think overclaiming it like that plays into the dems' hands. Maybe he has more.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I agree. If that guy doesn’t have a witness to back this up, then it’s incredibly irresponsible and possibly libel. I’ll admit though that the details and photos provided in his twitter feed are more convincing than the simple accusation sans evidence from Ford.

However, this is politics. The dems have done some incredibly reprehensible things during this process and the GOP is maybe just throwing some mud back. This is a good reminder to keep hating both parties...amiright uncle ted?
          It is libel unless there's some truth to it, I'm not betting on that.

What's amazing to me about the tweet storm is putting forth this other guy, who certainly might be innocent, glossed over two fairly substantial points: 1. He knows who the fourth person at the party is aside from the accused, Mark and Smyth; and 2) Judge, Smyth, the other girl and Kavanaugh did not live close to the country club. The country club and the location of the house being close to it were two of the few actual details that people have been able to glean from Ford's allegations.

But the new development tonight where she is demanding that she, the accuser, go last and get unlimited free rein on what she can say in her opening statement is beyond the pale. Basically she doesn't want Kavanaugh to have an opportunity to defend himself against her allegations at the hearing. The Republicans on the Judiciary committee would have to be morons to give in. They may have acquiesced to her demand to delay the hearing until Thursday or Friday next week but this has to be a bridge too far. They clearly aren't operating with good faith.
          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
            But the new development tonight where she is demanding that she, the accuser, go last and get unlimited free rein on what she can say in her opening statement is beyond the pale. Basically she doesn't want Kavanaugh to have an opportunity to defend himself against her allegations at the hearing. The Republicans on the Judiciary committee would have to be morons to give in. They may have acquiesced to her demand to delay the hearing until Thursday or Friday next week but this has to be a bridge too far. They clearly aren't operating with good faith.
            Yeah, that seems to be an outrageous request. Everyone should be given a chance to defend themselves from accusations and there’s no way to defend yourself before you hear the actual allegation.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              Um, that's not an example of a repressed memory.
              Exactly...this woman posted to social media how "everyone at school knew about it. We talked about it for days." Then when she was pressed for interviews by 50+ news stations and some government folks...she changed her tune. She went from "everyone knew about it" to "I was feeling empowered and I wanted to show support. I have no knowledge of anything that happened."

It is shit like this why quite a bit of America doesn't believe Dr. Ford.

Comment

• This guy is probably not going to have the word “ethics” in his title for much longer.

Also, this isn’t much of an apology. He’s apologizing for giving the guys name but not backtracking on the info. At least this has added some additional drama to the nomination process.

Comment

This guy is probably not going to have the word “ethics” in his title for much longer.

Also, this isn’t much of an apology. He’s apologizing for giving the guys name but not backtracking on the info. At least this has added some additional drama to the nomination process.
                  WHat a circus. I hope he is aware of a witness that adds to this analysis or else he just looks like a dope regardless of what happens.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Ha. That idiot Trump can't help himself.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/36151...rm-ben-shapiro
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

This guy is probably not going to have the word “ethics” in his title for much longer.

He'd better hope there isn't a trail connecting his theory to either the WH or republican senators. As it is, I find it hard to believe he would just trot that theory out there without some type of coordination.
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Oh looky here:

A top aide to Senate Judiciary Committee member Orrin Hatch said his office had no connection to a Thursday night tweetstorm alleging a classmate of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh might be the person who tried to sexually assault Christine Blasey Ford in 1982.

Earlier in the week, Hatch spokesman Matt Whitlock tweeted that people should “keep an eye on” the Twitter account of Ed Whelan, president of the Ethics and Public Policy Center, who said he would in coming days confirm Kavanaugh was not at the party where Ford said the alleged sexual assault occurred.

Some say that’s evidence Hatch’s office, or even Hatch himself, played a role in Whelan’s tweets, which outlined a theory that named a Kavanaugh classmate as the possible culprit. The Thursday night tweetstorm included a yearbook photo and current image of the man, as well as a layout of the classmate’s home to back up the mistaken identity hypothesis.
                        https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...m-on-kavanaugh
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• If 9/11 happened today, I think we would just let them crash into the Capitol.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

• OMG!! Next she’s going to ask for another couple days so she can tour the Grand Canyon on her way to DC

Comment

OMG!! Next she’s going to ask for another couple days so she can tour the Grand Canyon on her way to DC
                              This woman is being advised by the person who orchestrated the Anita Hill hearings and her attorney is up to her eyeballs in the "Resistance." It's time to tell her to shit or get off the pot. If this had recently just come to light, that would be one thing, but Feinstein sat on this since July. I'm wondering what other shoe is going to drop from either side, because between demanding her kangaroo Kafkaesque court and now complaining about having to get her ass on a plane I can't believe Grassley hasn't told this woman to jump in the lake.
                              Last edited by Color Me Badd Fan; 09-21-2018, 02:56 PM.
                              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• A woman named Leland Keyser — who is believed to have been identified by Dr. Blasey as one of the five people at the party — told the committee through a lawyer that she “does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford.” Two men said to have been at the party, Mark Judge and Patrick Smyth, have also told the committee that they have no recollection of the events.
                                https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/22/u...d-testify.html

Oh snap! Three people at the party (other than Kav and Ford) and none of them corroborate the story...in fact, none even come close to hinting at corroboration.

I wouldn’t fault the GOP for not even giving her a hearing at this point, but it looks like Grassley might give it to her anyway. What dumb political grandstanding by Feinstein and Ford. I’d call it shameless.

Comment

Working...
                                X