The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by USUC View Post

Man, that is some gloomy outlook there. What gets you out of bed in the morning at this point? Politics is cyclical. The woke stuff is destroying your team. It's not great timing that's for sure, but eventually it'll swing back your way.
    It is gloomy, but if you track my threads for the past 6 years you'll see that 6 years ago I argued that Trump was dangerous and an existential threat to democracy. People thought I was an alarmist crank years before most people were openly acknowledging it. A year before the 2020 election I was saying that Trump would not peacefully leave office, and people again thought I was an alarmist crank. I can't count the number of times people have responded to my posts by arguing that what I suggested was a line that Trump would never cross. I may be a gloomy alarmist, but I think the track record of my predictions has been better than fair. Bookmark this and get back to me in 2024.
    "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

It is gloomy, but if you track my threads for the past 6 years you'll see that 6 years ago I argued that Trump was dangerous and an existential threat to democracy. People thought I was an alarmist crank years before most people were openly acknowledging it. A year before the 2020 election I was saying that Trump would not peacefully leave office, and people again thought I was an alarmist crank. I can't count the number of times people have responded to my posts by arguing that what I suggested was a line that Trump would never cross. I may be a gloomy alarmist, but I think the track record of my predictions has been better than fair. Bookmark this and get back to me in 2024.
      Really strong SU vibe going here.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Ha! That was my first impression as well.

Comment

Do we have to see Civil War II for you to say I told you so, or will you settle for something less drastic?
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

Do we have to see Civil War II for you to say I told you so, or will you settle for something less drastic?
            Long before the 2020 election I predicted that there would be blood on the street surrounding the election. I don't have to wait to say I told you so.
            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I'm not worthy of the compliment.

Comment

I'm not worthy of the compliment.
                But this is not very SU.

Comment

• Non-Seqish?
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                  X