The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

That also applies to many of tooblue's basketball takes.
    Exactly. But despite this, toolblue always has ultimate certainty in his opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post

Exactly. But despite this, toolblue always has ultimate certainty in his opinion.
      He was talking about your take, dummy.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

He was talking about your take, dummy.
        Wrong! He was talking about toolblues takes (uninformed) which I compared to moliere’s comment on originalism (uninformed).

keep up with your own weblog!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post

Wrong! He was talking about toolblues takes (uninformed) which I compared to moliere’s comment on originalism (uninformed).

keep up with your own weblog!!
          Wrong! I was talking about both!
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

Wrong! I was talking about both!
            I think we're going to need a spreadsheet.
            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

I think we're going to need a spreadsheet.
              I'll get you one - if the price is right.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Lunatics. I can't believe they think this will change his mind.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Lunatics. I can't believe they think this will change his mind.

LOL... what a bunch of dummies. I hear Kavanaugh likes beer. Bringing him lots of beer may do more to change his mind.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Lunatics. I can't believe they think this will change his mind.

"Keep your rosaries off my ovaries" is a pretty catchy line.
                    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• I guess this is why the Christian set voted for Trump?

No more Miranda and guns everywhere!

Comment

• Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                        I guess this is why the Christian set voted for Trump?

I'm old enough to remember when Christian values were a good thing.
                        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                          I guess this is why the Christian set voted for Trump?

At a certain point you can't just wave away original intent and rely on reinterpretation to save you. The gun ruling today just reaffirms the original intent. And rulings like this will continue to happen when it comes to the second amendment. Instead of revising history, the campaign should really be focused on revising the second amendment. Because short of that losses will just keep piling up for the gun control movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post

At a certain point you can't just wave away original intent and rely on reinterpretation to save you. The gun ruling today just reaffirms the original intent. And rulings like this will continue to happen when it comes to the second amendment. Instead of revising history, the campaign should really be focused on revising the second amendment. Because short of that losses will just keep piling up for the gun control movement.
                            Truth bomb.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post

What is so sacred about original intent? When we have the luxury of common sense, why should we give two shits about the original intent of a handful of privileged old white men who lived two and a half centuries ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

What is so sacred about original intent? When we have the luxury of common sense, why should we give two shits about the original intent of a handful of privileged old white men who lived two and a half centuries ago?
                                Because process is what keeps the thin veneer of society intact?

Comment

Working...
                                X