Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    Those poor maligned officers.
    Your misguided efforts to characterize this incident as racist undercuts the real problem of racism where it exists today. BTW, I've led black men in the same manner albeit dismounted--not because they were black, but because the situation warranted it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
      Your misguided efforts to characterize this incident as racist undercuts the real problem of racism where it exists today. BTW, I've led black men in the same manner albeit dismounted--not because they were black, but because the situation warranted it.
      Did I say the cops were racist?

Tell me more about leading perps through the streets by a rope around the neck like cattle. Were they mentally ill criminal trespassers too?

It's strange for you to get so reflexively defensive of LE, when their own department admitted wrong-doing.
      Last edited by frank ryan; 08-18-2019, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Did I say the cops were racist? Tell me more about leading mentally ill homeless perps through the streets by a rope around the neck like cattle.
        I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood you. In what way were the officers maligned?

Also, I think you have the facts wrong as far as what happened. The line was clipped to his handcuffs--a far cry from having a rope around his neck. Plus, if your point is that the man was mentally ill and homeless, go ahead and post the headline that says as much instead of the one you used:

No criminal investigation for Texas police who led a black man by a rope through streets

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
          I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood you. In what way were the officers maligned?

Also, I think you have the facts wrong as far as what happened. The line was clipped to his handcuffs--a far cry from having a rope around his neck. Plus, if your point is that the man was mentally ill and homeless, go ahead and post the headline that says as much instead of the one you used:
          The headline is inaccurate, so don't be triggered.

You think they shouldn't have just waited for transport? This seems like humiliation, like how you'd treat an animal.

I certainly see how this could be viewed as racist. I posted this because sounds like some typical asshole toughguy cops to me.

Here a longer article on it all:

“What they did was real inhumane,” Neely’s brother, Andy Neely, told local TV station KPRC. “They treated my brother as if he was a dog.”

The officers returned to work days later, and Neely was released on bond. Melissa Morris, the man’s attorney, said in an interview Friday that he was previously hospitalized for issues pertaining to his mental health, including bipolar disorder. Local media reported that Neely was homeless for a number of years.

But she continues to fight for the release of footage from the officers’ body cameras, which she believes will show the officers “knew the imagery was troubling” when they arrested Neely. The police department previously confirmed their body cameras were activated during the arrest.

She also asserts that Galveston police have not provided any evidence that shows the horse-riding officers were in compliance with the department’s policies. In his statement after the arrest, Hale said the officers could have waited for a different form of transport and vowed to change mounted unit policy “to prevent the use of this technique.”

“The question then became, ‘Where is this policy?’ ” she said. “I don’t believe there was such a policy, especially not in writing, that would have allowed for this in the first place.”
          https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ed-state-says/

Comment

The headline is inaccurate, so don't be triggered.

You think they shouldn't have just waited for transport? This seems like humiliation, like how you'd treat an animal.

I certainly see how this could be viewed as racist. I posted this because sounds like some typical asshole toughguy cops to me.

Here a longer article on it all:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ed-state-says/
            I completely misread your intent. Again, I apologize.

Comment

• Every year at this time (late August) I start to think that living in a cooler climate would sure be nice. Thankfully it only lasts a month or so up to the point that the weather here turns for the better for the next 9 months. But man, these past two weeks have been blistering hot and humid.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                Every year at this time (late August) I start to think that living in a cooler climate would sure be nice. Thankfully it only lasts a month or so up to the point that the weather here turns for the better for the next 9 months. But man, these past two weeks have been blistering hot and humid.
                How are Houston winters?

Comment

Every year at this time (late August) I start to think that living in a cooler climate would sure be nice. Thankfully it only lasts a month or so up to the point that the weather here turns for the better for the next 9 months. But man, these past two weeks have been blistering hot and humid.
                  Vegas only has one month not worth enduring, January. We have no humidity.
                  "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                    Vegas only has one month not worth enduring, January. We have no humidity.
                    Yeah July and August with their triple digit temps must be amazing.

Comment

How are Houston winters?
                      Glorious. Late September thru December are perfect, January thru early March is hoody weather and March thru June is also perfect.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Glorious. Late September thru December are perfect, January thru early March is hoody weather and March thru June is also perfect.
                        Moli is FOS.

Houston is the worst weather of any place in the continental US that I've lived in. March through mid-May is definitely the best weather H-town has to offer, but that's like saying you're the smartest kid in English 071.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                          Moli is FOS.

Houston is the worst weather of any place in the continental US that I've lived in. March through mid-May is definitely the best weather H-town has to offer, but that's like saying you're the smartest kid in English 071.
                          Back on the troll wagon.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Back on the troll wagon.
                            No, this is the truth.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                              No, this is the truth.
                              Possibly. But this is what happens when you cry wolf.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                Back on the troll wagon.
                                No, I've done two tours, and Moliere can confirm my thoughts on the Bayou City. The biggest obstacle to my career (other than maybe self-doubt) is that all roads in my business lead back to Houston, and I don't want to go.
                                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Working...
                                X