Albania - the "A" is for Awesome!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • myboynoah
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 21719

    #1

    Albania - the "A" is for Awesome!

    What's not to like about Albania?

    I didn't realize it was so close to Italy, which makes Albanians close cousins to my wife's family.
    map2.gif

    Plus, the flag sports a double-headed eagle. Pretty cool.
    stock-footage-hd-p-clip-of-a-slow-motion-waving-flag-of-albania-seamless-seconds-long-loop.jpg

    Mountains . . .
    Albania_Accursed_Mountains_web3.jpg

    . . . and beaches.
    vlora.jpg

    Looks awesome.
    Last edited by myboynoah; 03-02-2014, 06:07 PM.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69716

    #2
    What a great idea for a thread!

    What I like about Albania is that there is a surprise around every corner. You never know what you are going to see next.

    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69716

      #3
      Albanian soldiers. Don't mess with Albania. These guys are badass!

      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • wuapinmon
        Soul Plumber
        • Dec 2008
        • 30711

        #4
        Albania sits at the crossroads of the world! That's why they've welcomed countless uncontested arrivals through the millennia.
        "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
        The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

        Comment

        • Vic Vega
          Junior Member
          • Jun 2013
          • 552

          #5
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Albanian soldiers. Don't mess with Albania. These guys are badass!

          I can see it all so clearly. Save time and give up on securing the site now. They are one step ahead of the rest of us. All of us suckers still use deodorant every day.
          Last edited by Vic Vega; 03-02-2014, 08:34 PM.

          Comment

          • Bo Diddley
            Senior
            • Jul 2012
            • 18801

            #6
            The Dude, I don't think this thread is going as well as you'd hoped.

            Comment

            • old_gregg
              scaly man fish
              • Nov 2009
              • 16915

              #7
              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              What a great idea for a thread!

              What I like about Albania is that there is a surprise around every corner. You never know what you are going to see next.

              where did you find taekwondave's vacation album?
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

              Comment

              • Vic Vega
                Junior Member
                • Jun 2013
                • 552

                #8
                Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                where did you find taekwondave's vacation album?
                Huh. Maybe another name needs to be added to the "Greatest Albanians" lists on the other thread.

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69716

                  #9
                  Miss Albania.

                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • myboynoah
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 21719

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                    The Dude, I don't think this thread is going as well as you'd hoped.
                    What do mean? What about the word "awesome" don't you understand?

                    Some more neat Albananania.

                    The country has castles, real castles, something the U.S. does not have.
                    z_03_10_leke_1996_2000_albanian_coins_berat_castle_by_depasan.jpg
                    Berat Castle

                    rozafa_castle.jpg
                    Rozafa Castle

                    Albania_IMG_8356.jpg
                    Gjirokastra Castle
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69716

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                      The Dude, I don't think this thread is going as well as you'd hoped.
                      Hey you. Take that pissy attitude to another thread.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • myboynoah
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 21719

                        #12
                        Floods? Not a problem, the bakeries stay open.

                        albania-bread_1779218i.jpg

                        In the face of natural disasters, the Albanian response?

                        "No worries, we got this!"
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                        For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                        Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                        Comment

                        • YOhio
                          Hipster Mode
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 26165

                          #13
                          I bet there are some really good Greek restaurants in Albania. That has to be nice.

                          Comment

                          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                            Time to camp
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 26082

                            #14
                            I know from the tv show Cheers that Albania borders on the Adriatic.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

                            Comment

                            • smokymountainrain
                              Impressive Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 22593

                              #15
                              Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                              I know from the tv show Cheers that Albania borders on the Adriatic.
                              Thanks, Coach!
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

                              Comment

                              Working...