Arapahoe HS Active Shooter Situation

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Surfah
    Where's Wallace?
    • Nov 2008
    • 33726

    #1

    Arapahoe HS Active Shooter Situation

    Still developing but word is at least two injured.

    This is sad. I served my mission in Denver South and learned about Columbine from someone calling in for a free Book of Mormon while I was in the MTC and working at the referral center. When I asked what prompted this woman to call for the Book of Mormon, she told me all about Columbine as it had happened and hoped that this book would give her peace. We had a great conversation as I explained to her I was a missionary in Utah preparing to serve in Denver.

    Our mission office was right next to Arapahoe HS off Easter Ave by University Mall in Littleton.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic
  • Omaha 680
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 11183

    #2
    Suspect is dead (self-inflicted). Sounds like he "only" injured two. One is fine and the other is hurt badly. The one who is badly injured apparently confronted the student with the gun. We will see in the debrief but I'm guess that kid saved a few lives by his actions.

    The shooter was looking for a specific teacher.

    Comment

    • cougjunkie
      *Banned*
      • Nov 2008
      • 23223

      #3
      Anyone know if this kid is Mormon? He looks Mormon, they mentioned on CNN he was an eagle scout. He was on the debate team (totally Mormon thing to do).



      Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
      *Banned*

      Comment

      • smokymountainrain
        Impressive Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 22593

        #4
        Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        Anyone know if this kid is Mormon? He looks Mormon, they mentioned on CNN he was an eagle scout. He was on the debate team (totally Mormon thing to do).



        Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
        From the internets: He liked to talk about his beliefs, ranted against the U.S. government, loved to debate, was bullied, acted weird, was geek and nerdy, bright and a social misfit, and apparently was aggressive to win every argument.

        Sounds like 95% of this board. I'm guessing he's Mo, but would have left the church within 15 years had he lived.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

        Comment

        • CJF
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 8497

          #5
          Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          Anyone know if this kid is Mormon? He looks Mormon, they mentioned on CNN he was an eagle scout. He was on the debate team (totally Mormon thing to do).



          Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
          lol
          A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

          Comment

          • All-American
            Right, as Usual
            • Nov 2008
            • 15678

            #6
            Wow.

            The high school is on the opposite side of town from us, but I was in that school just two weeks ago for a special event for work. They hosted a lunch for us in the library where the shooting took place.

            It sounds like the difference in this case was a deputy sheriff that ran to the scene and pinned the shooter down. It was all over in 80 seconds.
            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

            Comment

            • TheAzzuri
              Junior Member
              • Mar 2009
              • 454

              #7
              Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              Still developing but word is at least two injured.

              This is sad. I served my mission in Denver South and learned about Columbine from someone calling in for a free Book of Mormon while I was in the MTC and working at the referral center. When I asked what prompted this woman to call for the Book of Mormon, she told me all about Columbine as it had happened and hoped that this book would give her peace. We had a great conversation as I explained to her I was a missionary in Utah preparing to serve in Denver.

              Our mission office was right next to Arapahoe HS off Easter Ave by University Mall in Littleton.
              My parents worked in the office in that mission too. We visited them pretty frequently, and they lived very close to the school. All shootings are tragic, but being in a place that I am familiar with makes it that much more real.

              On a side note, one of the earlier articles mentioned that the evacuees all met in a nearby church. I wonder if it was the bldg there on Easter.

              Comment

              • byu71
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 22070

                #8
                Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                From the internets: He liked to talk about his beliefs, ranted against the U.S. government, loved to debate, was bullied, acted weird, was geek and nerdy, bright and a social misfit, and apparently was aggressive to win every argument.

                Sounds like 95% of this board. I'm guessing he's Mo, but would have left the church within 15 years had he lived.
                Looks Mormon, but if he was it would have been in the first or second sentence of the story. My guess he isn't Mormon, Evangelical or a member of the tea party.

                Comment

                • Goatnapper'96
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 10924

                  #9
                  Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                  Looks Mormon, but if he was it would have been in the first or second sentence of the story. My guess he isn't Mormon, Evangelical or a member of the tea party.
                  His anti-government tirades were socialistic. Mormons usually go liberal after dealing with the fallout of realizing their religious beliefs were a smokescreen.
                  Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                  -General George S. Patton

                  I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                  -DOCTOR Wuap

                  Comment

                  Working...