Rockstar Launches Attack on Google

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Surfah
    Where's Wallace?
    • Nov 2008
    • 33726

    #1

    Rockstar Launches Attack on Google

    http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...r-sues-google/

    This crap pisses me off. Patent trolls.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic
  • SCcoug
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 7625

    #2
    Originally posted by Surfah View Post
    http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...r-sues-google/

    This crap pisses me off. Patent trolls.
    Who else could have thought of an integrated message center or a navigation tool for graphical user interface? We really need to abolish software patents.

    Comment

    • Uncle Ted
      The Big 12 money shot.
      • Apr 2010
      • 28853

      #3
      Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
      Who else could have thought of an integrated message center or a navigation tool for graphical user interface? We really need to abolish software patents.
      Yes, the software creators and engineers are getting way too creative. We need to damper that creativeness by giving less of an incentive.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • BigFatMeanie
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 7114

        #4
        Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        Yes, the software creators and engineers are getting way too creative. We need to damper that creativeness by giving less of an incentive.
        Oh c'mon Ted. Really? You're really going to argue that software patents are an "incentive" to developers? Give me a break. Next thing you know you'll be in Orrin Hatch's camp in favor of stronger "Intellectual Property" protections.

        I thought you were better than this...

        Comment

        • cougjunkie
          *Banned*
          • Nov 2008
          • 23223

          #5
          Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
          Oh c'mon Ted. Really? You're really going to argue that software patents are an "incentive" to developers? Give me a break. Next thing you know you'll be in Orrin Hatch's camp in favor of stronger "Intellectual Property" protections.

          I thought you were better than this...
          Yeah Ted. Next you will try and abolish ward halloween parties!

          Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
          *Banned*

          Comment

          • BigFatMeanie
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 7114

            #6
            Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            Yeah Ted. Next you will try and abolish ward halloween parties!

            Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
            I should get a patent on "Method and Apparatus for Abolishing Ward Halloween Parties", Inventor: BigFatMeanie, Assigned To: Utah Eagle Forum.

            Comment

            • Uncle Ted
              The Big 12 money shot.
              • Apr 2010
              • 28853

              #7
              Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
              Oh c'mon Ted. Really? You're really going to argue that software patents are an "incentive" to developers? Give me a break. Next thing you know you'll be in Orrin Hatch's camp in favor of stronger "Intellectual Property" protections.

              I thought you were better than this...
              No, I am agreeing. Engineers like to give their ideas away for free. I have personally developed lots of software for open source projects. Of course, that shit isn't very creative. The more creative stuff I sell to large fruit companies in California. It pays the bills.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • clackamascoug
                Banned
                • Dec 2009
                • 9709

                #8
                You're out of touch Ted. Get with the program. If you look around and can't tell who the troll is, it's Ted. You're as fruity as Apple. You sell your soul to the highest bidder. You're as creative as PONG.

                Comment

                • Uncle Ted
                  The Big 12 money shot.
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 28853

                  #9
                  Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                  You're out of touch Ted. Get with the program. If you look around and can't tell who the troll is, it's Ted. You're as fruity as Apple. You sell your soul to the highest bidder. You're as creative as PONG.
                  Yes, I would sell my soul for a donut...

                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  Working...