Are governments or corporations more beholden to their customers/citizens?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SandYFan
    Junior Member
    • May 2013
    • 754

    #1

    Are governments or corporations more beholden to their customers/citizens?

    I tend to think companies have a closer eye on what their customers want. Elected officials also try to say and do things to placate the voters, but in the end, the voter has to choose between two people (most of the time), where companies have tons of competition and places customers can go if they aren't happy.
    12
    Governments
    0.00%
    0
    Corporations
    100.00%
    12
  • Indy Coug
    Heartless Bastard
    • Dec 2008
    • 18747

    #2
    Thanks for the rhetorical poll question.
    Everything in life is an approximation.

    http://twitter.com/CougarStats

    Comment

    • SandYFan
      Junior Member
      • May 2013
      • 754

      #3
      Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
      Thanks for the rhetorical poll question.
      Any time! What is your baby so sad about? At that age, he really should be screaming his lungs out if he's troubled in any way. The ennui is weirding me out.

      Comment

      • Indy Coug
        Heartless Bastard
        • Dec 2008
        • 18747

        #4
        Originally posted by SandYFan View Post
        Any time! What is your baby so sad about? At that age, he really should be screaming his lungs out if he's troubled in any way. The ennui is weirding me out.
        He's not sad, just disappointed.

        Everything in life is an approximation.

        http://twitter.com/CougarStats

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #5
          There seems to be only one possible answer given that corporations are bound by laws which require them to be responsible to their shareholders. Many governments around the world are bound in no such way and in fact openly operate to the contrary of that same principle.

          That being said, I wont vote in a public poll because I dont want people to see my vote and then make fun of me for it
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • Uncle Ted
            The Big 12 money shot.
            • Apr 2010
            • 28853

            #6
            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            There seems to be only one possible answer given that corporations are bound by laws which require them to be responsible to their shareholders. Many governments around the world are bound in no such way and in fact openly operate to the contrary of that same principle.

            That being said, I wont vote in a public poll because I dont want people to see my vote and then make fun of me for it
            HaHa, D^3 won't vote in a public poll. What a whimp.


            Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • Pelado
              Bald not naked
              • Sep 2010
              • 21143

              #7
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              There seems to be only one possible answer given that corporations are bound by laws which require them to be responsible to their shareholders. Many governments around the world are bound in no such way and in fact openly operate to the contrary of that same principle.

              That being said, I wont vote in a public poll because I dont want people to see my vote and then make fun of me for it
              I didn't realize you were against card check.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

              Comment

              • jay santos
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 13652

                #8
                Companies have to impress their customers daily. They're competing with dozens of other companies. Government officials only have to do it at election time. They compete with one other guy in the election.

                Comment

                • lambdacoug
                  Junior Member
                  • Oct 2011
                  • 3981

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                  Thanks for the rhetorical poll question.
                  Yeah, a "both" or "neither" option would have been appreciated.

                  I think I'll post a new poll: "Do you prefer water or beer" with the options of "Yes" and "Chicken".
                  Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                  - Howard Aiken

                  Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                  - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

                  Comment

                  • SandYFan
                    Junior Member
                    • May 2013
                    • 754

                    #10
                    Originally posted by lambdacoug View Post
                    Yeah, a "both" or "neither" option would have been appreciated.

                    I think I'll post a new poll: "Do you prefer water or beer" with the options of "Yes" and "Chicken".
                    A "both" or "neither" response makes no sense.

                    Comment

                    Working...