You guys see this video?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cougjunkie
    *Banned*
    • Nov 2008
    • 23223

    #1

    You guys see this video?

    [YOUTUBE]2RPVs4gFfr0[/YOUTUBE]
    *Banned*
  • kccougar
    9262
    • Nov 2008
    • 7020

    #2
    Wow, looks like all but one and the last guy that walked up all got their free shot in.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

    Comment

    • myboynoah
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 21719

      #3
      Originally posted by kccougar View Post
      Wow, looks like all but one and the last guy that walked up all got their free shot in.
      The only thing I saw was some policemen trying to help the guy up.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

      For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

      Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

      Comment

      • DU Ute
        RIP CUF
        • Dec 2008
        • 7393

        #4
        Is it just me, or does the third guy who comes in look a lot like MEP?
        "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
        "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
        "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

        Comment

        • RobinFinderson
          Banned
          • Nov 2008
          • 10548

          #5
          First, I would hate to be the guy who draws the short straw and has to roll out the nail strip. Holy crap! It looked like that guy might have been winged pretty bad.

          Second, there are two seconds of footage missing right before the car goes off the road. What is up with that?

          Third, police who use unnecessary force suck, and deserve to be publicly shamed. It is a position of great public trust, and if people abuse that trust they deserve the worst. Otherwise the profession will (continue to) attract those inclined to abuse power and authority.

          Comment

          • FMCoug
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 6825

            #6
            Every time one of these comes out it boggles my mind how stupid these guys are. The camera was in their own damn cars. Dipshits.
            "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

            Comment

            • Surfah
              Where's Wallace?
              • Nov 2008
              • 33726

              #7
              I have little sympathy for someone who evades authorities and endangers the lives of hundreds while doing so. That said, the guy was thrown from his car and appears to be unconscious if not dead. I am sure the adrenaline got the best of these officers as these types of incidents seem to produce.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

              Comment

              • myboynoah
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 21719

                #8
                Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                I have little sympathy for someone who evades authorities and endangers the lives of hundreds while doing so. That said, the guy was thrown from his car and appears to be unconscious if not dead. I am sure the adrenaline got the best of these officers as these types of incidents seem to produce.
                The only thing I saw was some policemen trying to administer CPR to someone thrown from a car. They might need a refresher course.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                Comment

                • RobinFinderson
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 10548

                  #9
                  I'll use this video as an opportunity to air out my general feelings of distrust of police officers. I don't trust them.

                  General rules of thumb for dealing with police:

                  1. Don't let them search your person, car or house, unless they have a search warrant.
                  2. If they search anyhow, get their badge number and squad car number.
                  3. You are only required to show your DL and registration when stopped in your vehicle. Otherwise you don't have to, and shouldn't. It isn't any of their business.
                  4. Assume that police are trying to goad you into confrontation, and resist the urge to talk/answer question/communicate/complain/argue or anything else that will allow the police officer to treat you as hostile. In most states you don't even have to share your name with the officer, but if you do, give them your real name.
                  5. Officers have technically have the right to pat you down, if they suspect you might have a concealed weapon. If you are uncooperative, as you should be, they will pat you down. Let them pat you down. Don't argue or complain, but when they are done, ask, "Am I under arrest?" followed by, "Am I free to go?"
                  6. Follow these guidelines even if you have nothing to hide.

                  Obviously police have an important job to do, so if you witness a crime, be cautiously useful in reporting what you saw. Don't let your good deed go punished by letting the officer search your person, car, or house.
                  Last edited by RobinFinderson; 05-22-2009, 01:03 PM.

                  Comment

                  • Colly Wolly
                    Junior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 1824

                    #10
                    Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                    I'll use this video as an opportunity to air out my general feelings of distrust of police officers. I don't trust them.

                    General rules of thumb for dealing with police:

                    1. Don't let them search your person, car or house, unless they have a search warrant.
                    2. If they search anyhow, get their badge number and squad car number.
                    3. You are only required to show your DL and registration when stopped in your vehicle. Otherwise you don't have to, and shouldn't. It isn't any of their business.
                    4. Assume that police are trying to goad you into confrontation, and resist the urge to talk/answer question/communicate/complain/argue or anything else that will allow the police officer to treat you as hostile. In most states you don't even have to share your name with the officer, but if you do, give them your real name.
                    5. Officers have technically have the right to pat you down, if they suspect you might have a concealed weapon. If you are uncooperative, as you should be, they will pat you down. Let them pat you down. Don't argue or complain, but when they are done, ask, "Am I under arrest?" followed by, "Am I free to go?"
                    6. Follow these guidelines even if you have nothing to hide.

                    Obviously police have an important job to do, so if you witness a crime, be cautiously useful in reporting what you saw. Don't let your good deed go punished by letting the officer search your person, car, or house.
                    Pretty much agree with everything you've said here. Some cops are good guys trying to make a difference. Most are power-tripping a-holes.

                    Comment

                    • CardiacCoug
                      вот так штука
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 11013

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
                      Pretty much agree with everything you've said here. Some cops are good guys trying to make a difference. Most are power-tripping a-holes.
                      To me it seems like most cops are good guys and the ones that are on power trips are pretty rare.

                      I have done quite a bit of moonlighting in emergency rooms over the years and almost all of the cops that accompany patients to the ER are very laid-back and respectful to everyone, even deferential

                      I suppose when they're out "on the street" they probably act a little bit different, but I give cops the benefit of the doubt generally (but obviously not in CJ's video).

                      Comment

                      • KillerDog
                        a.k.a. K-dog
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 4196

                        #12
                        That beating was a direct result of him trying to hit that cop earlier. I got in a tussle with a cop one time (completely on accident) and every cop that arrived from that point until I was safely in a cell was taking shots at me. Bunch of power tripping pansy asses.

                        Comment

                        • FMCoug
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 6825

                          #13
                          Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                          I'll use this video as an opportunity to air out my general feelings of distrust of police officers. I don't trust them.

                          General rules of thumb for dealing with police:

                          1. Don't let them search your person, car or house, unless they have a search warrant.
                          2. If they search anyhow, get their badge number and squad car number.
                          3. You are only required to show your DL and registration when stopped in your vehicle. Otherwise you don't have to, and shouldn't. It isn't any of their business.
                          4. Assume that police are trying to goad you into confrontation, and resist the urge to talk/answer question/communicate/complain/argue or anything else that will allow the police officer to treat you as hostile. In most states you don't even have to share your name with the officer, but if you do, give them your real name.
                          5. Officers have technically have the right to pat you down, if they suspect you might have a concealed weapon. If you are uncooperative, as you should be, they will pat you down. Let them pat you down. Don't argue or complain, but when they are done, ask, "Am I under arrest?" followed by, "Am I free to go?"
                          6. Follow these guidelines even if you have nothing to hide.

                          Obviously police have an important job to do, so if you witness a crime, be cautiously useful in reporting what you saw. Don't let your good deed go punished by letting the officer search your person, car, or house.
                          I'm not going to argue with you ... this is one post I'd really be interested in UtahDan's input on ... he is a Defense lawyer right?

                          One thing I am extremely grateful for when we had the accident at our home in Texas last summer is that my best friend their was one of the first people on the scene who was not present at the time it occurred (arriving just before the detectives). He also happens to be a bulldog of a lawyer and was able to shephere my wife through what to say, do, etc. Not to mention being right there with us through the entire investigation, civil suit, etc.

                          Sad that today's world is that way but there it is.
                          "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                          Comment

                          • RockyBalboa
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 2127

                            #14
                            Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                            That beating was a direct result of him trying to hit that cop earlier. I got in a tussle with a cop one time (completely on accident) and every cop that arrived from that point until I was safely in a cell was taking shots at me. Bunch of power tripping pansy asses.
                            lol....

                            Comment

                            • Hallelujah
                              Junior Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 2741

                              #15
                              Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                              I'll use this video as an opportunity to air out my general feelings of distrust of police officers. I don't trust them.

                              General rules of thumb for dealing with police:

                              1. Don't let them search your person, car or house, unless they have a search warrant.
                              2. If they search anyhow, get their badge number and squad car number.
                              3. You are only required to show your DL and registration when stopped in your vehicle. Otherwise you don't have to, and shouldn't. It isn't any of their business.
                              4. Assume that police are trying to goad you into confrontation, and resist the urge to talk/answer question/communicate/complain/argue or anything else that will allow the police officer to treat you as hostile. In most states you don't even have to share your name with the officer, but if you do, give them your real name.
                              5. Officers have technically have the right to pat you down, if they suspect you might have a concealed weapon. If you are uncooperative, as you should be, they will pat you down. Let them pat you down. Don't argue or complain, but when they are done, ask, "Am I under arrest?" followed by, "Am I free to go?"
                              6. Follow these guidelines even if you have nothing to hide.

                              Obviously police have an important job to do, so if you witness a crime, be cautiously useful in reporting what you saw. Don't let your good deed go punished by letting the officer search your person, car, or house.
                              Who you gonna call when someone breaks the law? The ghostbusters?

                              Comment

                              Working...