Sun Valley Ketchum Idaho area being evacuated

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • grapevine
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 1990

    #1

    Sun Valley Ketchum Idaho area being evacuated

    For the past week and a half about 30 miles as the crow flies west of Sun Valley there has been a major range fire that BLM is having a hard time getting contained. Well today an evacuation order has been issued up there. I have been up there several times the last couple of weeks hauling straw. Drove a cables tractor for a few miles while it was smoggy. I wasn't that close to were people were being evacuated but saw many cars and Helicopters and Planes up there trying to put that fire out. Bad deal for now hopefully fire will get under control. One house did burn. I was probably about 20 miles southwest of the fires.
  • Lost Student
    BAND!
    • Nov 2008
    • 4324

    #2
    Downtown Boise has been very smoky/hazy lately. It's a startling contrast to how clear it is where Pelado and I are just about 6-7 miles away.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

    Comment

    • Pelado
      Bald not naked
      • Sep 2010
      • 21141

      #3
      Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
      Downtown Boise has been very smoky/hazy lately. It's a startling contrast to how clear it is where Pelado and I are just about 6-7 miles away.
      Everyone's been talking about how hazy it is outside, but I haven't been downtown for a while, so I hadn't really noticed.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

      Comment

      • scottie
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 5247

        #4


        Before the highway reopened, people headed north toward Ketchum were being turned back. Drivers in Lexuses there were screaming at deputies.
        Damn Lexus drivers...

        Comment

        • Lost Student
          BAND!
          • Nov 2008
          • 4324

          #5
          Originally posted by Pelado View Post
          Everyone's been talking about how hazy it is outside, but I haven't been downtown for a while, so I hadn't really noticed.
          Yeah, me neither. I hadn't gone downtown for a few weeks but had meetings there a couple of different days this last week. It's crazy how bad the air looks as you approach downtown.
          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

          Comment

          Working...