Was Michael Hastings targeted by the CIA?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • il Padrino Ute
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 19161

    #1

    Was Michael Hastings targeted by the CIA?

    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader
  • YOhio
    Hipster Mode
    • Nov 2008
    • 26165

    #2
    He died in an explosive car wreck and he was writing a story about the CIA director. This only means one thing...

    Comment

    • Pelado
      Bald not naked
      • Sep 2010
      • 21143

      #3
      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      He died in an explosive car wreck and he was writing a story about the CIA director. This only means one thing...
      don't mess with YOhio?
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

      Comment

      • SeattleUte
        Faith crisis consultant
        • Nov 2008
        • 20837

        #4
        OTP
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

        --Jonathan Swift

        Comment

        • il Padrino Ute
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 19161

          #5
          Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          He died in an explosive car wreck and he was writing a story about the CIA director. This only means one thing...
          Mock me all you wish; it has no effect on me.
          "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


          "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

          Comment

          • il Padrino Ute
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 19161

            #6
            Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
            OTP
            I'm not familiar with this acronym.
            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

            Comment

            • YOhio
              Hipster Mode
              • Nov 2008
              • 26165

              #7
              Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
              Mock me all you wish; it has no effect on me.
              I don't need your permission.

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #8
                Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                I'm not familiar with this acronym.
                It means "on the phone." He will post something substantive later.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • YOhio
                  Hipster Mode
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26165

                  #9
                  Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  It means "on the phone." He will post something substantive later.
                  Lebowski should provide a smiley for that.

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #10
                    Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    Lebowski should provide a smiley for that.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • YOhio
                      Hipster Mode
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26165

                      #11
                      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      Yes. That's a good one.

                      Comment

                      • woot
                        Resident Science Cop
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 5531

                        #12
                        The conspiracy crowd is all over this one. It does seem awfully convenient, since he had just appeared on one of the networks where he announced something about refusing to cooperate with the government. Of course, there doesn't seem to be any actual evidence. What I've seen is the usual amateur photo analysis and talk of how the engine of his car flew down the street and how this proves it was a bomb planted by the CIA.

                        Meh.

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69717

                          #13
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          Yes. That's a good one.
                          Added. Code = otp
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • frank ryan
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 12379

                            #14
                            It's a question worth asking. It seems like too public and a high profile a death though for a covert assassination.

                            Originally posted by woot View Post
                            The conspiracy crowd is all over this one. It does seem awfully convenient, since he had just appeared on one of the networks where he announced something about refusing to cooperate with the government. Of course, there doesn't seem to be any actual evidence. What I've seen is the usual amateur photo analysis and talk of how the engine of his car flew down the street and how this proves it was a bomb planted by the CIA.

                            Meh.
                            Sometimes people who believe in conspiracies are right. I don't think it is an irrational thought to suspect foul play. The more I hear the less inclined I am to believe that but it doesn't equate to having some mental deficiency.

                            Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                            He died in an explosive car wreck and he was writing a story about the CIA director. This only means one thing...
                            It's ok Il pad, YOhio holds me in poor esteem for my world views.

                            Comment

                            • Non Sequitur
                              Where did I put my bodkin
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 5773

                              #15
                              If I'm a spook and I want to disappear someone, I'm not going to orchestrate an explosive one-man accident with a tree...way too complicated. I'm going to get me an umbrella and a teaspoon of ricin.
                              "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

                              Comment

                              Working...