SeattleUte has been busy drafting policy on local government communications

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Indy Coug
    Heartless Bastard
    • Dec 2008
    • 18747

    #1

    SeattleUte has been busy drafting policy on local government communications

    Everything in life is an approximation.

    http://twitter.com/CougarStats
  • Sleeping in EQ
    Philosopher of Men
    • Nov 2008
    • 4188

    #2
    Wow. What nonsense.
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

    Comment

    • Katy Lied
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 9435

      #3
      I'm very offended by the term sack lunch. Everyone knows that sack is another word for testicles. Such a sexist, misogynist term. I demand that all and sundry cease using this term.

      Comment

      • YOhio
        Hipster Mode
        • Nov 2008
        • 26165

        #4
        Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
        I'm very offended by the term sack lunch. Everyone knows that sack is another word for testicles. Such a sexist, misogynist term. I demand that all and sundry cease using this term.
        That's why I always call it a pouch lunch.

        Comment

        • Flystripper
          Degenerate Gambler
          • Nov 2008
          • 14089

          #5
          Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          That's why I always call it a pouch lunch.
          Now you have offended marsupial
          Dyslexics are teople poo...

          Comment

          • il Padrino Ute
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 19161

            #6
            Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
            I'm very offended by the term sack lunch. Everyone knows that sack is another word for testicles. Such a sexist, misogynist term. I demand that all and sundry cease using this term.
            Well said, Katy and I agree. Now, if you'll excuse me, it's time for me to meet with some friends for lunch at Hooters.
            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

            Comment

            • Moliere
              One man.....one pie
              • Oct 2009
              • 27877

              #7
              Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
              I'm very offended by the term sack lunch. Everyone knows that sack is another word for testicles. Such a sexist, misogynist term. I demand that all and sundry cease using this term.
              I thought it was more sexist towards men....
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

              Comment

              • Uncle Ted
                The Big 12 money shot.
                • Apr 2010
                • 28853

                #8
                The New York Post reported in March 2012 that the city’s Department of Education avoids references to words like “dinosaurs,” “birthdays,” “Halloween” and dozens of other topics on city-issued tests because they could evoke “unpleasant emotions” among the students.


                Dinosaurs, for example, conjures the topic of evolution, which could rile fundamentalists and birthdays are not celebrated by Jehovah’s Witnesses. Halloween, meanwhile, suggests an affiliation to Paganism.
                So do teachers in the public schools of Seattle not talk about dinosaurs and evolution? Do they refer to dinosaurs as 'those we don't speak of' or something?

                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                Working...