Self-Driving Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Probably farting around on her cell phone.

Good God! The torts!
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
      First fatality of a vehicle in autonomous mode where supposedly it was the algorithms fault:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/19/1...-tempe-arizona

There was a person behind the wheel too. Not sure the point of her being there if she isn't stopping accidents.
      I blame Skynet....

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
        Good God! The torts!
        The deceased is a 49-yo white woman... not worth much.

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Test your morals here.

http://moralmachine.mit.edu/

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            Test your morals here.

moral test.JPG
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
              [ATTACH]8662[/ATTACH]
              So cold. "Nothing really matters, nothing really matters to me."
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                Test your morals here.

The first scenario was not even reasonable, so I wouldn't answer it. Reminded me of an episode of the original Star Trek.

Comment

Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
                  The first scenario was not even reasonable, so I wouldn't answer it. Reminded me of an episode of the original Star Trek.
                  I just tried to run over as many dogs and old people as possible. Kind of like GTA.

Comment

http://moralmachine.mit.edu/results/-515706410

I can't believe there are people who would choose saving a pet over saving a human.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      http://moralmachine.mit.edu/results/-515706410

I can't believe there are people who would choose saving a pet over saving a human.
                      If you had a choice between saving Lassie and saving Hitler, which would you save?
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        If you had a choice between saving Lassie and saving Hitler, which would you save?
                        Is this a young Hitler, and an old Lassie?
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Is this a young Hitler, and an old Lassie?
                          You make the call.
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            You make the call.
                            Both.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Both.
                              You failed.
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Probably farting around on her cell phone.
                                No worse... an ex-con farting around on her cell phone:

Ex-con was behind wheel of self-driving Uber that killed woman

The operator of a self-driving Uber vehicle that fatally struck a woman in Arizona was a convicted felon who served almost four years in the slammer for attempted armed robbery, according to a report.

Rafaela Vasquez, 44, was behind the wheel of a Volvo when it hit Elaine Herzberg, 49, as she was walking a bike outside a crosswalk in Tempe on Sunday night, officials said. The SUV was in autonomous mode at the time of the accident.

Vasquez served three years and 10 months in a state lockup for convictions on attempted armed robbery and unsworn falsification, the Arizona Republic reported. She was released in 2005.

An Uber rep declined to comment on her conviction and incarceration, as well as the company’s hiring policies, citing an active investigation.
                                [...]
                                https://nypost.com/2018/03/20/ex-con...-killed-woman/
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X