Talking about the better education

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • byu71
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22070

    #1

    Talking about the better education

    you receive at the Ivy League schools perked my interest in looking into the background of the people pointed at as causing this banking collapse.

    Frankly I was surprised how many of them got their training in law, not business. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised most of them were from the New York area.

    The names of Drexhel Burnham, (Michael Milken), Soloman Brothers and of course Goldman Sachs came up often. Milken was the first crook I had experience with in the business. He was hailed as providing great liquidity to the corporations with his junk bond stuff until it collapsed. Of course part of the collapse dealt with fraud and he went to jail. Got out with millions and now he is a big time philanthripist and democrat.

    Surprised that both Madoff and Joseph Callano went to Brooklyn, College. Never heard of it. One graduated in law, Madoff, and the other in political science.

    Are folks West of Philadephia just not smart enough to get into these big financial institutions. I don't remember reading about any west of Philadephia. I thought Anthony Mozilo with Country Wide was a western guy, but he was out of New York too.

    My review was not exhaustive, so I am not sure all the king pins in creating the mess were east of Philly.
Working...