Eliminate Government Programs

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BlueHair
    Boom Bitches!!!
    • Nov 2008
    • 2894

    #1

    Eliminate Government Programs

    Here is a list of government programs I am willing to give up in order reduce taxes and balance the budget. I would also give up these if it meant free health care for everyone as I believe all of these are less important than health care.
    1. National Parks
    2. Public Schools
    3. Drug enforcement
    4. Wars on ideas (like terrorism)
    5. Museums
    6. Stadiums
    7. Public pools
    8. Public libraries
    9. Public golf courses
    10. State Universities (unless they don't use public dollars)


    I'm not saying the things on this list are not important. I'm just saying that user fees could be used instead. For example, a trip to Yellowstone might cost $3000. The individual could decide whether it is worth that much. We wouldn't have to subsidize another family's vacation.
    Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks
  • The_Tick
    Made something of myself
    • Nov 2008
    • 7295

    #2
    So we are going to penalize those that can afford stuff?

    If I want to take my kids to Yellowstone it will cost me 3 grand to get in.

    Just so everyone gets free healthcare?

    Bullshit.

    Get jobs that come with health care. Problem solved.

    Comment

    • BlueHair
      Boom Bitches!!!
      • Nov 2008
      • 2894

      #3
      Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
      So we are going to penalize those that can afford stuff?

      If I want to take my kids to Yellowstone it will cost me 3 grand to get in.

      Just so everyone gets free healthcare?

      Bullshit.

      Get jobs that come with health care. Problem solved.
      Lol! Get a job that pays well enough to pay for your own vacation.
      Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

      Comment

      • Hallelujah
        Junior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 2741

        #4
        Originally posted by BlueHair View Post
        Here is a list of government programs I am willing to give up in order reduce taxes and balance the budget. I would also give up these if it meant free health care for everyone as I believe all of these are less important than health care.
        1. National Parks
        2. Public Schools
        3. Drug enforcement
        4. Wars on ideas (like terrorism)
        5. Museums
        6. Stadiums
        7. Public pools
        8. Public libraries
        9. Public golf courses
        10. State Universities (unless they don't use public dollars)


        I'm not saying the things on this list are not important. I'm just saying that user fees could be used instead. For example, a trip to Yellowstone might cost $3000. The individual could decide whether it is worth that much. We wouldn't have to subsidize another family's vacation.

        Why eliminate Government programs? They work so well. Social Security, Medicare, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac.......need I go on?

        Comment

        • BlueHair
          Boom Bitches!!!
          • Nov 2008
          • 2894

          #5
          Originally posted by Hallelujah View Post
          need I go on?
          Yes, please.
          Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

          Comment

          • The_Tick
            Made something of myself
            • Nov 2008
            • 7295

            #6
            I make enough money thanks.

            In the last 4 years I have taken the family on a cruise to Hawaii and a cruise to Alaska.

            And my wife and I both have jobs that provide health care.

            Not too hard to do.

            Comment

            • beefytee
              Board eye candy
              • Mar 2009
              • 7542

              #7
              Originally posted by BlueHair View Post
              Here is a list of government programs I am willing to give up in order reduce taxes and balance the budget. I would also give up these if it meant free health care for everyone as I believe all of these are less important than health care.
              1. National Parks
              2. Public Schools
              3. Drug enforcement
              4. Wars on ideas (like terrorism)
              5. Museums
              6. Stadiums
              7. Public pools
              8. Public libraries
              9. Public golf courses
              10. State Universities (unless they don't use public dollars)


              I'm not saying the things on this list are not important. I'm just saying that user fees could be used instead. For example, a trip to Yellowstone might cost $3000. The individual could decide whether it is worth that much. We wouldn't have to subsidize another family's vacation.
              So how do you implement the user fees on Drug enforcement and Wars on ideas?

              Comment

              • landpoke
                Never once baby snatched
                • Nov 2008
                • 4183

                #8
                Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                So how do you implement the user fees on Drug enforcement and Wars on ideas?
                If you don't want a meth house in your neighborhood or a terrorist driving a car bomb into your house you pay a fee. Simple.
                There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

                Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

                Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
                Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
                …
                Tomorrow is Saturday
                And Sunday comes afterwards

                Comment

                • Hallelujah
                  Junior Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 2741

                  #9
                  Originally posted by BlueHair View Post
                  Yes, please.
                  Let's simplify it. Name 1 or 2 government programs that work and aren't in the red.

                  Comment

                  • BlueHair
                    Boom Bitches!!!
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 2894

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Hallelujah View Post
                    Let's simplify it. Name 1 or 2 government programs that work and aren't in the red.
                    I am FOR eliminating government programs. Are you asking me to defend government programs?
                    Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

                    Comment

                    • BlueHair
                      Boom Bitches!!!
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 2894

                      #11
                      Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                      I make enough money thanks.

                      In the last 4 years I have taken the family on a cruise to Hawaii and a cruise to Alaska.

                      And my wife and I both have jobs that provide health care.

                      Not too hard to do.
                      I assumed your original response was TIC. Are you really saying that it is fine for everyone to pay higher taxes so you can enjoy a cheap trip to Yellowstone, but paying higher taxes for health care is unacceptable? Government subsidized vacation is better than government subsidized doctor visits?
                      Last edited by BlueHair; 05-14-2009, 05:26 PM.
                      Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

                      Comment

                      • BlueHair
                        Boom Bitches!!!
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 2894

                        #12
                        Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                        So how do you implement the user fees on Drug enforcement and Wars on ideas?
                        Simple. The "war on terrorism" has cost $907.3 billion so far. If you are in favor of this war, you can divide that cost with the rest of the people that support it. Let's say 10 million families want to chip in. $907.3 billion divided by 10 million = $90,730.00 per family.

                        I favor eliminating drug laws. No user fees necessary.
                        Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

                        Comment

                        • The_Tick
                          Made something of myself
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 7295

                          #13
                          Originally posted by BlueHair View Post
                          I assumed your original response was TIC. Are you really saying that it is fine for everyone to pay higher taxes so you can enjoy a cheap trip to Yellowstone, but paying higher taxes for health care is unacceptable? Government subsidized vacation is better than government subsidized doctor visits?
                          Not really.

                          I work hard for every single thing that I have. I work hard for my house, my car, my insurance. All of it. My wife and I bust our asses for it.

                          How did we get it? Didn't make dumb ass decisions.

                          My wife was a single parent. She recieved a bachelors degree from a private lutheran university. She incurred debt as a single parent, and dug herself out of the troubled spot she put herself in.

                          I spent 12 years working on my AA. Worked, coached 2 soccer teams at the same time in 6 of those years. I ran a booster club for a hockey team for 2 years. I was in a YM presidency for 10 of those years.

                          We have worked for it all. We were poor poor poor for a bit and did it.

                          Didn't take a damn dime from the government either.

                          We earned it, other people should do the same.

                          Take your handouts and go play with yourself.

                          Comment

                          • BlueHair
                            Boom Bitches!!!
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 2894

                            #14
                            Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                            Not really.

                            I work hard for every single thing that I have. I work hard for my house, my car, my insurance. All of it. My wife and I bust our asses for it.

                            How did we get it? Didn't make dumb ass decisions.

                            My wife was a single parent. She recieved a bachelors degree from a private lutheran university. She incurred debt as a single parent, and dug herself out of the troubled spot she put herself in.

                            I spent 12 years working on my AA. Worked, coached 2 soccer teams at the same time in 6 of those years. I ran a booster club for a hockey team for 2 years. I was in a YM presidency for 10 of those years.

                            We have worked for it all. We were poor poor poor for a bit and did it.

                            Didn't take a damn dime from the government either.

                            We earned it, other people should do the same.

                            Take your handouts and go play with yourself.
                            I'm impressed by your work ethic, but are you for or against government subsidized vacations like trips to Yellowstone or other National Parks?

                            For the record I am against government handouts.
                            Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

                            Comment

                            • wuapinmon
                              Soul Plumber
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 30711

                              #15
                              Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                              So we are going to penalize those that can afford stuff?

                              If I want to take my kids to Yellowstone it will cost me 3 grand to get in.

                              Just so everyone gets free healthcare?

                              Bullshit.

                              Get jobs that come with health care. Problem solved.
                              You mistakenly assume that what has worked for you is workable for everyone else. That is not grounded in reality.
                              "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                              The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                              Comment

                              Working...