Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    agree, ted--all semi automatic rifles should be banned. handgun and shotgun magazines should be capped at 10 rounds. we should treat ammo purchases like we do gun purchases.
    Yeah, the only thing the founding fathers knew about when they wrote the 2nd amendment were single-shot muskets, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puckle_gun
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      when mass school killers start using min 14s, maybe we can ban them too.
      i'm not sure what side you're coming down on or what your thoughts are on the matter - but I think that's a real issue people are concerned about.

Banning AR15's won't stop school shootings. Killers will find something else to kill with - be it a mini-14, shotgun, or something else.

I'm not naive enough to believe that guns and/or access to guns for some people isn't part of the problem. But banning AR15's isn't a solution - unless your only concern is people getting shot by AR15's (and you really don't care about them being shot with other guns.)

Banning AR15's might seem like the easy solution, and might make people feel like they are safer or like they are doing something about it. But it won't fix anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
        i'm not sure what side you're coming down on or what your thoughts are on the matter - but I think that's a real issue people are concerned about.

Banning AR15's won't stop school shootings. Killers will find something else to kill with - be it a mini-14, shotgun, or something else.

I'm not naive enough to believe that guns and/or access to guns for some people isn't part of the problem. But banning AR15's isn't a solution - unless your only concern is people getting shot by AR15's (and you really don't care about them being shot with other guns.)

Banning AR15's might seem like the easy solution, and might make people feel like they are safer or like they are doing something about it. But it won't fix anything.
        I'm not coming down on any side. he seemed perplexed as to why folks want to ban AR15s. not that difficult. crazy people are using them.

otherwise, I mostly agree with your points.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

I agree to an extent. A cap on magazine sizes (for any gun) seems like a reasonable start.

But ultimately, the only thing that would make a real difference is a repeal of the 2nd ammendment and massive changes to gun ownership laws. It will happen eventually.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

agree, ted--all semi automatic rifles should be banned. handgun and shotgun magazines should be capped at 10 rounds. we should treat ammo purchases like we do gun purchases.
            Vast majority of murders and gun crimes are committed with handguns, not rifles, but hey as long as it makes people "feel" safer if scary looking guns are banned. There are other ways to deal with this threat besides discarding a fundamental civil right that was established because the wise founders wanted to prevent tyranny and allow people to defend themselves.

Comment

Modern liberalism in a nutshell.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                when mass school killers start using min 14s, maybe we can ban them too.
                The whack-a-mole approach.

Comment

• Hey Crockett! What are your thoughts on the visa lottery and chain migration?
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post
                    Vast majority of murders and gun crimes are committed with handguns, not rifles, but hey as long as it makes people "feel" safer if scary looking guns are banned. There are other ways to deal with this threat besides discarding a fundamental civil right that was established because the wise founders wanted to prevent tyranny and allow people to defend themselves.
                    so did you not read my post or...?
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

so did you not read my post or...?
                      The one where you said ban semi-auto rifles but not handguns?

Comment

The one where you said ban semi-auto rifles but not handguns?
                        the one where i proposed banning all semi automatic rifles, not just scary ones.

Comment

the one where i proposed banning all semi automatic rifles, not just scary ones.
                          My point stands. Your proposed banning of all semi-auto rifles (scary and old-timey looking) is emotional theater when the vast majority of murders and gun crime are committed with handguns.

Comment

No.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                              Hey Crockett! What are your thoughts on the visa lottery and chain migration?
                              Whatever Uncle Ted says.

Comment

My point stands. Your proposed banning of all semi-auto rifles (scary and old-timey looking) is emotional theater when the vast majority of murders and gun crime are committed with handguns.
                                what kind of dumb dumb non sequitur is that? first, mass shootings are different than murders and gun violence. stipulate that those are probably unavoidable. but vegas, newtown, parkland, etc don’t happen with a glock 19. fort hood is the only mass shooting i can think of that didn’t use some form of high capacity semi automatic rifle. second, a magazine cap at least mitigates the risk of continued handgun legality.

Comment

Working...
                                X