Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    Trump is the embodiment of moral decay and social coarsening.
    i think the judges also would have accepted these in response to small hands crockett's posts: :irony1:
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      an armed, trained school resource officer allegedly sat outside knowingly while the shooting occurred. but, sure, a teacher being paid $35k per year will surely be incentivized to act differently.
      Yikes. That is pretty bad.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        Trump is the embodiment of moral decay and social coarsening.
        I actually agree with you. He is more a symptom of a deeper problem. That problem is in many of our politicians and leaders on all sides.

Comment

an armed, trained school resource officer allegedly sat outside knowingly while the shooting occurred. but, sure, a teacher being paid $35k per year will surely be incentivized to act differently.
          An SRO (glorified mall cop) and a teacher who chooses to carry are apples and oranges in mindset and motivation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post
            That problem is in many of our politicians and leaders on all sides.
            lol

Comment

An SRO (glorified mall cop) and a teacher who chooses to carry are apples and oranges in mindset and motivation.
              he was a sheriff's deputy you bonehead

Comment

There are stories of unarmed people, including teachers and administrators, confronting armed attackers at a school. You think some of them possibly having a weapon would make them LESS likely to intervene? What are the chances of someone having a weapon being more likely to intervene? You find one coward and determine that everyone is one too? Should I, using that method, assume that all Gregg's are assholes?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...n_7154554.html

https://www.christiancentury.org/blo...chool-shooting

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/29...l-shooter.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/21/u...-teachers.html

I don't know how I feel about arming teachers. There are plenty of reasons not to love the idea. And some of these folks who did intervene even agree with not arming teachers (including the principal who WAS armed when he intervened) But to argue that because one resource officer waited 4 minutes before entering the school when he heard gunshots that means everyone else would do the same is pretty dumb. I'd think you'd recognize that, since you really like to tell people how dumb they are.

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                Yikes. That is pretty bad.
                Yeah - it is pretty bad.

Comment

• I did not say this is a new and unique problem. Moral decay and religion together are also a problem and as you have pointed out have happened many times in history.

Comment

Your link didn't work.

Comment

Your link didn't work.
                      http://lmgtfy.com/?q=parkland+sherif...o+can%27t+read

Comment

• Nothing to see here but folks peacefully protesting at a CNN sponsored riot townhall...

NRA's Loesch: I Wouldn't Have Been Able To Exit CNN Town Hall If I Didn't Have A Security Detail
                        [...]
                        "I had to have a security detail to get out," she said of the Sunrise, Fla. event. "I wouldn't be able to exit that if I didn't have a private security detail. There were people rushing the stage and screaming burn her. And I came there to talk solutions and I still am going to continue that conversation on solutions as the NRA has been doing since before I was alive."
                        [...]
                        https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ty_detail.html
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                          There are stories of unarmed people, including teachers and administrators, confronting armed attackers at a school. You think some of them possibly having a weapon would make them LESS likely to intervene? What are the chances of someone having a weapon being more likely to intervene? You find one coward and determine that everyone is one too? Should I, using that method, assume that all Gregg's are assholes?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...n_7154554.html

https://www.christiancentury.org/blo...chool-shooting

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/29...l-shooter.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/21/u...-teachers.html

I don't know how I feel about arming teachers. There are plenty of reasons not to love the idea. And some of these folks who did intervene even agree with not arming teachers (including the principal who WAS armed when he intervened) But to argue that because one resource officer waited 4 minutes before entering the school when he heard gunshots that means everyone else would do the same is pretty dumb. I'd think you'd recognize that, since you really like to tell people how dumb they are.

Yeah - it is pretty bad.
                          The other lesson to draw from this is to not solely rely on the professionals to save you. To the broader debate on gun control, when seconds count the police are only minutes away and/or they may wait for backup to help out. Depriving people of the means to protect themselves is no virtue.

Comment

• Oh, in the meantime you learned how to post a link correctly. Good job.

Comment

Oh, in the meantime you learned how to post a link correctly. Good job.
                              i didn't link anything you ding dong

Comment

Cops are under no obligation to protect and serve... He was most likely waiting for the SWAT team to arrive. Yet another example of "no, cops will not protect you so you might have to do it yourself, man".

So let me get this straight:

1. the shooter had like 39 reports to the police including using a gun against people before! WTF! Using a gun against people!

2. there were even a couple of calls to the FBI concerning him. Of course, the FBI is too busy looking for Russian hackers so we shouldn't bother them.

3. there are lots of reports from fellow students that Cruz was off his rocker and he may do something crazy.

4. Cruz was a known trouble maker and went to a special school for children with emotional and behavioral disabilities.

So even with all the above Cruz walks into a gun shop and passes a background check with flying colors? Something tells me that isn't the way background checks should be implemented, dude.
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X