No announcement yet.

The 2016 Presidential Election Trainwreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally! We can actually get some unbiased sources of news like independent bloggers who are Friends of Trump delivering the news!
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      Not to be out done by Obama Drumpf blocks not just CNN but also the NYTimes, LATimes, and Politico from the white house media briefing.
      Uh, WFT? Seems like he's bordering on infringing the freedom the press.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Uh, WFT? Seems like he's bordering on infringing the freedom the press.
        Settle down... The constitutional law expert Obama did the same thing with FoxNews so I am guessing it is all on the up and up.

On the positive side we won't have 2 hour long press conferences that are mostly Drumpf lecturing CNN on how they are very fake news anymore.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          Not to be out done by Obama Drumpf blocks not just CNN but also the NYTimes, LATimes, and Politico from the white house media briefing.
          LOL, run to Senator McCain for a quote on how this kind of thing leads to Dictatorships. At least the repubs criticize their own. When Obama pulled this kind of thing I don't remember any dems running to the microphone warning of impending doom.

I can't help but smile at the thin skinned press upset with the thin skinned President.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
            LOL, run to Senator McCain for a quote on how this kind of thing leads to Dictatorships. At least the repubs criticize their own. When Obama pulled this kind of thing I don't remember any dems running to the microphone warning of impending doom.

I can't help but smile at the thin skinned press upset with the thin skinned President.
            Huh? The NYT and CNN went to bat for Fox News when that happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              I doubt that anyone working, currently or in the past, for the NYT or CNN have ever picked up a bat.
              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                Exactly, and got the White House to back off. Fox was never actually excluded.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Sad!

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• The article below is about a restaging of the Clinton-Trump debates with a female actor playing Trump and a male actor playing Clinton.

Inside the evening’s program were two surveys for each audience member to fill out—one for before the show, with questions about their impressions of the real-life Trump–Clinton debates, and another for afterward, asking about their reactions to the King–Gordon restaging. Each performance was also followed by a discussion, with Salvatore bringing a microphone around to those eager to comment on what they had seen.
                    Many were shocked to find that they couldn’t seem to find in Jonathan Gordon what they had admired in Hillary Clinton—or that Brenda King’s clever tactics seemed to shine in moments where they’d remembered Donald Trump flailing or lashing out. For those Clinton voters trying to make sense of the loss, it was by turns bewildering and instructive, raising as many questions about gender performance and effects of sexism as it answered.

The simplicity of Trump’s message became easier for people to hear when it was coming from a woman—that was a theme. One person said, “I’m just so struck by how precise Trump’s technique is.” Another—a musical theater composer, actually—said that Trump created “hummable lyrics,” while Clinton talked a lot, and everything she was was true and factual, but there was no “hook” to it. Another theme was about not liking either candidate—you know, “I wouldn’t vote for either one.” Someone said that Jonathan Gordon [the male Hillary Clinton] was “really punchable” because of all the smiling. And a lot of people were just very surprised by the way it upended their expectations about what they thought they would feel or experience. There was someone who described Brenda King [the female Donald Trump] as his Jewish aunt who would take care of him, even though he might not like his aunt. Someone else described her as the middle school principal who you don’t like, but you know is doing good things for you.

https://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publi...form=hootsuite

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                      The article below is about a restaging of the Clinton-Trump debates with a female actor playing Trump and a male actor playing Clinton.

https://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publi...form=hootsuite
                      That was a lot of effort for them to finally realize that Hillary isn't likable.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        That was a lot of effort for them to finally realize that Hillary isn't likable.
                        Yep.

Comment

• So the new Republican plan for Obamacare is even worse than Obama care. 8 years and this is what they have . Embarrasing

Comment

• Dad has to be proud...

Tim Kaine’s Son Arrested For Rioting Against Trump

The youngest son of Hillary Clinton’s running mate, Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine, was arrested in Minnesota over the weekend for rioting against President Trump.

Linwood Michael Kaine, 24, was arrested with four other people and charged with second-degree riot for his activities during a pro-Trump rally held in the rotunda of the Minnesota state capitol in St. Paul on Saturday.
                            [...]
                            http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/07/tim-kaines-son-arrested-for-rioting-against-trump/
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                              So the new Republican plan for Obamacare is even worse than Obama care. 8 years and this is what they have . Embarrasing
                              To be fair, they are limited on what they can do since they don't have a supermajority, at least that's what I heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Wesleyan Media Project shares lessons, analysis from 2016 election cycle
                                <http://mediaproject.wesleyan.edu/blo...udy-published/>

Sanders aired more ads in the Primary than Trump did during the entire campaign. Crazy.
                                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Working...
                                X