The 2016 Presidential Election Trainwreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    "My African American over there"? I have to suppose that his African American was cringing when Trump said that.
    Actually I saw the guy interviewed on CNN. Try as much as the anchor could, she couldn't get the guy to say he was pissed or insulted. She kept pointing out why he should be, but he said he wasn't. He said it was much to do about nothing.

He was a bit offended by the hate mail he is getting and being called an Uncle Tom and other nice things they call african-americans who don't subscribe to the democrats philosophy.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      I agree this latest comment isn't remarkably more damaging than many of his early comments, but for whatever reason (straw/camel's back?), it seems to be providing some with a reason to jump ship. Trump may be reeling for the first time, since I just heard on the radio that Trump is in a very unusual Tweeting dry spell (16 hours!), but perhaps he's only preparing for his talk or presser following tonight's CA Primary results. This latest comment may put to the test his declaration that he could shoot somebody on Fifth Avenue and not lose a vote.

P.S. Based on all votes of which I am aware, Kasich is soundly defeating Trump in CA, 2-0. I hope the lead holds.
      My theory: A lot of these party people who jumped on the Trump bandwagon were assuming he would follow the longstanding pattern of pandering to elements of the party to get nominated and then moving towards the middle in the general election. While this wouldn't change the kind of person Trump is or the ridiculous things he has said, it would at least make him more electable and give him a shot against the 2nd-most despised major party nominee of our lifetime. It would also give some support to the argument that he would not govern like the crazy candidate he was in the primary. However, as the general election ramps up Trump appears to be doubling down on his stupidity from the primary and becoming more unhinged. If the pattern continues, more people will follow Graham to the exits.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
        Actually I saw the guy interviewed on CNN. Try as much as the anchor could, she couldn't get the guy to say he was pissed or insulted. She kept pointing out why he should be, but he said he wasn't. He said it was much to do about nothing.

He was a bit offended by the hate mail he is getting and being called an Uncle Tom and other nice things they call african-americans who don't subscribe to the democrats philosophy.
        I have no interest in whether he found it offensive. I found it offensive.
        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

https://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/200...eing-offended/
          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            I don't know why people think Trump is racist. He's cool with African-Americans, especially when they people on his behalf.

This happened just a few miles from my house. While I regrettably couldn't make it to the rally, I have several friends who were there. There were close to 4,000 people at the rally, and exactly 1 non-caucasian present, the black man in the front row. He happens to be running for state Senator this cycle, for the second or third election in a row. Hearing him speak afterward was much like '71 mentioned - he wasn't offended or upset by the statement. But he was pretty happy that he got a couple of signed hats out of it.

Comment

What is your honest opinion? Is the person not smart enough to know he should have been offended.

Comment

No shit. It is almost as offensive as suggesting that it is all good that cops get killed and beaten and stuff, because, you know, it's time they got there's.

Comment

• Guys, we have it all wrong....Trump was the victim in this whole Judge incident.

All least he was according to himself:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...dorsement.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                    My theory: A lot of these party people who jumped on the Trump bandwagon were assuming he would follow the longstanding pattern of pandering to elements of the party to get nominated and then moving towards the middle in the general election. While this wouldn't change the kind of person Trump is or the ridiculous things he has said, it would at least make him more electable and give him a shot against the 2nd-most despised major party nominee of our lifetime. It would also give some support to the argument that he would not govern like the crazy candidate he was in the primary. However, as the general election ramps up Trump appears to be doubling down on his stupidity from the primary and becoming more unhinged. If the pattern continues, more people will follow Graham to the exits.
                    The media seem focused on the racist element of Trump's "Mexican judge" comments, but I think the much more important point is the truly dazzling lack of judgment on Trump's part. Rather than focus on the jobs report or other real issues, he chooses to hammer a judge who Trump's own lawyers think is doing a reasonable job and haven't sought to recuse him. Trump is demonstrating, yet again, that he won't listen to his intelligent, seasoned advisers but will become fixated on whatever has gotten under his gossamer-thin skin. And yet there are those who think this guy would make a good commander-in-chief. I won't vote for her either, but Hillary would be a far lesser threat than Trump in that position.

Comment

What is your honest opinion? Is the person not smart enough to know he should have been offended.
                      I don't know whether he's smart or stupid or opportunistic. I don't know the guy and I don't care about him. I do care about Trump, however, and he scares me. Best case is that Trump's comments were just stupid.
                      Last edited by Non Sequitur; 06-07-2016, 02:20 PM.
                      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

You do an amazing job at being both a blowhard and hyper-sensitive. I can see why Trump appeals to you.

Comment

• Utah is competitive right now:

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/06/0...26-johnson-16/

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            I have news for you:

1) The media have not treated Trump lightly. They have blasted him routinely, but it hasn't mattered. In fact, that only intensifies his base (i.e., free press haters like you).
                            2) Trump will continue to get "tons of air time".
                            I don't want to pylon (miss you Babs!) my friend 71, but I can't think of a political character that has been treated with more open disdain by the media than Trump in my life.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                              I don't want to pylon (miss you Babs!) my friend 71, but I can't think of a political character that has been treated with more open disdain by the media than Trump in my life.
                              The Rent is too Damn High guy. Nobody took him serious.

Comment

• That judge is basically a hero, having to go into hiding on naval bases because of his role in extraditing and putting away Mexican cartel leadership. Trump is an annoying mosquito to this guy. Saying he ought to recuse himself because Trump has made a campaign out of disparaging Mexicans is a joke. Trump ought to recuse himself from the Presidential race for being so shockingly unqualified and unfit for office.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X