The 2016 Presidential Election Trainwreck

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Uncle Ted
    The Big 12 money shot.
    • Apr 2010
    • 28853

    #4756
    Donald Trump offers Marco Rubio a job as a bellboy at Trump Plaza

    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • SeattleUte
      Faith crisis consultant
      • Nov 2008
      • 20837

      #4757
      Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      I'm honestly surprised because you seem much further rightist, politically than I remember you being.
      I've always been consistently for small government and an advocate for individual liberty whether economic or socially. Others here will verify I haven't changed. Also, it seems clear to me that, practically speaking, you have to solve the economic problem first. Societies seem to get enlightened about civil liberties when they have enough to eat and education is widely available. The only known system for solving the economic problem is capitalism.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

      --Jonathan Swift

      Comment

      • Moliere
        One man.....one pie
        • Oct 2009
        • 27886

        #4758


        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69716

          #4759
          Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
          When did SU become possessed by the spirit on Ayn Rand?
          Hmm...

          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • YOhio
            Hipster Mode
            • Nov 2008
            • 26165

            #4760
            Robert C. Oaks and Greg Hughes join the ranks of the Vichy Republicans.

            "@DonaldJTrumpJr: Honored to be in #Utah with retired General Robert C. Oaks. We are so thankful for his support and endorsement here in SLC


            (KUTV) Utah Speaker of the House Greg Hughes endorsed Donald Trump Friday in front of a crowd of about 400 at a rally for the insurgent Republican presidential candidate.Hughes says he met Trump's son, Donald Trump Jr. recently who asked for his endorsemen

            Comment

            • frank ryan
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 12378

              #4761
              Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              Robert C. Oaks and Greg Hughes join the ranks of the Vichy Republicans.

              "@DonaldJTrumpJr: Honored to be in #Utah with retired General Robert C. Oaks. We are so thankful for his support and endorsement here in SLC


              http://kutv.com/news/local/utah-spea...endorses-trump
              Greg Hughes is considered to be one of the dirtier legislators around. He is also Machiavellian like Trump.

              Comment

              • Uncle Ted
                The Big 12 money shot.
                • Apr 2010
                • 28853

                #4762
                Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                Greg Hughes is considered to be one of the dirtier legislators around. He is also Machiavellian like Trump.
                What is the story on Robert C. Oaks? Isn't he Dallin's coz or something like that?
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • YOhio
                  Hipster Mode
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26165

                  #4763
                  Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  What is the story on Robert C. Oaks? Isn't he Dallin's coz or something like that?
                  He's emeritus so we can trash talk him.

                  Comment

                  • Uncle Ted
                    The Big 12 money shot.
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 28853

                    #4764
                    I don't think Drumpf will get an endorsement from Keith Richards...


                    Keith Richards Once Threatened to Knife-Fight Donald Trump

                    As it turns out, American Democrats aren’t the only group who can’t stand Donald Trump. British rock stars can’t tolerate the orange-hued presidential threat either. As proof, Rolling Stones tour producer Michael Cohl shared a story about a 1989 concert when Keith Richards, folk hero that he is, came close to finishing off the circus-peanut-shaped entrepreneur for all of us.
                    [...]
                    Last year, Richards weighed in on the Trump debacle, saying, “Can you imagine President Trump? The worst nightmare. But we can’t say that. Because it could happen. This is one of the wonders of this country. Who would’ve thought Ronald Reagan could be president?”
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • Uncle Ted
                      The Big 12 money shot.
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 28853

                      #4765
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • Topper
                        Pre-Historic Man
                        • Nov 2011
                        • 11764

                        #4766
                        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                        I've always been consistently for small government and an advocate for individual liberty whether economic or socially. Others here will verify I haven't changed. Also, it seems clear to me that, practically speaking, you have to solve the economic problem first. Societies seem to get enlightened about civil liberties when they have enough to eat and education is widely available. The only known system for solving the economic problem is capitalism.
                        Yes this is consistent and rational.
                        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                        Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                        Comment

                        • Maximus
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 6023

                          #4767

                          Comment

                          • Uncle Ted
                            The Big 12 money shot.
                            • Apr 2010
                            • 28853

                            #4768
                            That is insane... you have Drumpf supporters cheering as the protester is pounded to the ground. I suspect this will be all over the news tomorrow.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • Jeff Lebowski
                              Corporate lackey for Jesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 69716

                              #4769
                              Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              That is insane... you have Drumpf supporters cheering as the protester is pounded to the ground. I suspect this will be all over the news tomorrow.
                              Where did that happen?
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                              Comment

                              • Uncle Ted
                                The Big 12 money shot.
                                • Apr 2010
                                • 28853

                                #4770
                                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Where did that happen?
                                Tucson, I believe.
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...