This guy is crazy

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sizzle
    #ThisIsY
    • Nov 2008
    • 9004

    #1

    This guy is crazy

    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=6258721

    Seriously, lock him up.
  • beefytee
    Board eye candy
    • Mar 2009
    • 7542

    #2
    His blog is really entertaining to read.



    It sounds like he is running for Mayor somewhere.

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 38003

      #3
      Originally posted by beefytee View Post
      His blog is really entertaining to read.



      It sounds like he is running for Mayor somewhere.
      He's got some great quotes on there, all from himself. I liked these ones:

      Don’t worry too much about the future. If you put your effort into the here and now then the future will already be polished when you get there. – Dell Schanze (this reminded me of the Beavis and Buttheadism "you can't polish a turd.")

      It is impossible for anything bad to happen to someone with a positive attitude. - Dell Schanze

      A true master knows it is wiser to play those that beat you because if you always play people that suck you will only learn to beat sucky players. - Dell Schanze

      Everyone starts from the bottom; the sign of the true champion is the one that works his way up the fastest. - Dell Schanze

      A little pain never hurt anyone. - Dell Schanze

      For some reason, half way through the quotes he switches from "Dell Schanze" to "SUPERDELL".

      You simply can’t beat the crap out of someone that isn’t full of it -- SUPERDELL

      No amount of lies can make up for your last lies -- SUPERDELL

      It is difficult having a lot because you want to share but many think you are arrogant for assuming others should want what you have. Dell Schanze

      A man of great knowledge has the keys to open many doors yet a man of great wisdom can open many doors without keys – Dell Schanze

      Wanting is the first step to getting – Dell Schanze

      PEARLS OF WISDOM, PEOPLE, PEARLS OF WISDOM!
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • OrangeUte
        Max Hall hates me.
        • Nov 2008
        • 2294

        #4
        does anyone remember when super dell did the infomercial "conversations with super dell" or something like that? i remember watching it late one night when i was visiting my parents in slc for the holidays... he was in terrific form! he was talking about how he went to see his sister in chicago and didn't know her address but the holy ghost guided him there like a gps system...

        apparently he has also got some kind of a new parachute/big fan car that flies that he is selling or training people to drive... dude's totally screwed up, but so entertaining!

        Comment

        • SoonerCoug
          Joycelyn Elders Supporter
          • Nov 2008
          • 4680

          #5
          I found the wikipedia article on Totally Awesome Computers entertaining:

          Totally Awesome Computers (TAC) was a Utah-based computer company owned and operated by Dell Schanze, also known as SUPERDELL. Known for their quirky commercials and off-beat advertising, TAC's eight retail locations sold desktop computers while namecalling "big-box" manufactuers for their use of out-of-state service facilities, IVR customer service lines, and inferior parts[1]. Schanze would later taint the company's image after receiving some negative press for brandishing a 10mm Glock handgun at some locals after being accused for speeding through a Draper, Utah neighborhood in his black Jaguar on May 21, 2005. Blaming the media, whom Schanze repeatedly called "liars", "murderers" and "angels of Satan", for the fall of his computer superstore, TAC closed on Friday, March 3, 2006[2].
          That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

          http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69752

            #6
            He never fails to entertain. And he is still in the news.



            An excerpt:

            Schanze has received attention from a legal run-in after he paraglided over I-15 during rush hour in June 2006, and also for his 2008 run for governor. Schanze won less than 3 percent of the vote, but in his mind, that was 100 percent of the Christians, he said. The other 97 percent voted for murder, homosexuality and socialism, he said, then he lashed out at Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • UtahDan
              *
              • Nov 2008
              • 14496

              #7
              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              He never fails to entertain. And he is still in the news.



              An excerpt:
              What would it be like for this guy to be your dad or your husband? He is a hilarious train wreck but I do feel for his family. The wife picked him out, not the kids though.

              Comment

              • frank ryan
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 12389

                #8
                Originally posted by OrangeUte View Post
                does anyone remember when super dell did the infomercial "conversations with super dell" or something like that? i remember watching it late one night when i was visiting my parents in slc for the holidays... he was in terrific form! he was talking about how he went to see his sister in chicago and didn't know her address but the holy ghost guided him there like a gps system...

                apparently he has also got some kind of a new parachute/big fan car that flies that he is selling or training people to drive... dude's totally screwed up, but so entertaining!
                Yes I remember this. He was crying and saying he had no idea how to get to his sisters house but the spirit told him every turn he should make. I always wonder if the church didn't make pull those adds. Truly odd theatre

                Comment

                • DU Ute
                  RIP CUF
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 7393

                  #9
                  Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  Yes I remember this. He was crying and saying he had no idea how to get to his sisters house but the spirit told him every turn he should make. I always wonder if the church didn't make pull those adds. Truly odd theatre
                  Why would they want him to pull the ads? I'm sure superdell is the greatest missionary tool the church has, after BYU football.
                  "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                  "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                  "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                  Comment

                  • Jeff Lebowski
                    Corporate lackey for Jesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 69752

                    #10
                    Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                    What would it be like for this guy to be your dad or your husband? He is a hilarious train wreck but I do feel for his family. The wife picked him out, not the kids though.
                    I believe his wife left him a couple of years ago. I swear I remember Rocky saying that he saw him in a singles ward.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                    Comment

                    • beefytee
                      Board eye candy
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 7542

                      #11
                      So he runs for mayor in Saratoga Springs because he is made that the mayor didn't pardon him.There were a lot of signs up.

                      Then he is illegally campaigning at a polling station.

                      This guy is great!

                      http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=7936652

                      Comment

                      • il Padrino Ute
                        Junior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 19161

                        #12
                        The guy gets crazier each day. It's actually pretty sad.
                        "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                        "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                        Comment

                        • beefytee
                          Board eye candy
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 7542

                          #13
                          How would you feel to be one of the 3 guys he beat:

                          Comment

                          • Shaka
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 10450

                            #14
                            My friend lived in his ward prior to his moving to SS. She said that F&T meeting was quite the treat.

                            I had some business dealings with Dell back when he owned Totally Awesome. In spite of being an odd duck he was a very nice fellow and made nice computers. Oftentimes when I'd call he would personally answer the phone and take care of me. A bit later I think some of his success went to his head and his quirkiness turned to paranoia.

                            I saw his infomercial a few times. At first it struck me as odd but with further thought I started to have some admiration for what he was trying to do. The infomercial was essentially his take on how to be happy and he drew heavily on LDS teachings without coming out as overtly LDS. I think at the time he was at the top of his game, happy, and had the money to try and do something I have never seen anyone else do. His intentions were good and he put his money where his mouth was. I found that strangely noble.

                            Comment

                            • Green Lantern
                              Has overcome great fear
                              • Aug 2009
                              • 2289

                              #15
                              Does anyone remember when he did one of his radio ads as an actual prayer? It was asking blessings upon customers of Totally Awesome Computers or something and it even ended with "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." Unbelievable. A true Utah original.
                              Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

                              None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

                              I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

                              --Portland Ute

                              Comment

                              Working...