Another fire in Utah: Herriman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    This fire season has been terrible, but the sunset and sunrises as a result of the smoke in the air have been amazing. The sunrise this morning is indescribably beautiful. I stopped what I was doing at work to marvel at is for 15 minutes.
    I saw that too. Bright orange over the mountain with rays shooting out among the clouds. Kind of 2nd coming painting looking only real.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
      This fire season has been terrible, but the sunset and sunrises as a result of the smoke in the air have been amazing. The sunrise this morning is indescribably beautiful. I stopped what I was doing at work to marvel at is for 15 minutes.
      The moon looks like it has turned to blood.

Comment

fire burning not far from my house. brethren, adieu.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          A Dieu to you. Best wishes.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Good luck DDD. That thing looks close from where I stand. Best of luck to all our alpine brothers.

Comment

Yeah, good luck DDD. I seem to recall you experiencing a close fire scare a few years ago when you lived in Orange County.

All my best wishes for you and anyone else who may be threatened by the fires.

Comment

Best wishes, TD. Looks bad from where I sit.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

Stay safe Alpiners! Looks bad right now....

Comment

From Lehi:

Comment

News is saying people have seen some structures go up. Good luck, DDD.
                      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

I'm with Viking on a plane from NY to SLC and we both wish you all good luck and hope you stay safe. Even DDD.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                          From Lehi:

Well shit. We are in CA on vacation. Will we have a house to return to?
                          "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

At least you are home to evacuate your stuff if it comes to that ... we are in SoCal.
                            "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Best wishes, everyone. Keep us updated.

Such a depressing summer. All the smoke and fire seems apocalyptic. I read this morning that many Utah streams are 10% of normal flow. Ugh...
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Best wishes for DDD, FM and other Alpiners. My two brothers live in Alpine but not near the fire. I have a lot up there, but that is nothing compared to someone's home. Houses's are all around the lot and I have met those people and they have young families. What a tragedy.

I guess it was Patterson's house that has burned.
                                Last edited by byu71; 07-03-2012, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X