What's right with California?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Very nice of California to give them drivers licenses...

What a card that Ann Coulter is...

Comment

• Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
      What a card that Ann Coulter is...
      It's a ripoff of a Chelsea Handler tweet from yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
        It's a ripoff of a Chelsea Handler tweet from yesterday.
        They both repulse me.
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Whoa, whooaa speaking some years on this thread was meant to be about what is RIGHT with California.... surely even Ted can find some rightness in all of the wrongness.
          Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
            Whoa, whooaa speaking some years on this thread was meant to be about what is RIGHT with California.... surely even Ted can find some rightness in all of the wrongness.
            California has a border with Nevada. That's what's right with California.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
              Whoa, whooaa speaking some years on this thread was meant to be about what is RIGHT with California.... surely even Ted can find some rightness in all of the wrongness.
              Uncle Ted is obsessed with Democrats and California. Bless his heart.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Uncle Ted is obsessed with Democrats and California. Bless his heart.
                I love California and visit often... I like some democrats too.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The estimate is in and a single-payer system would just cost $400 billion a year for California...

California’s Single-Payer Health Care Plan Would Cost More Than the State’s Whole Budget

Stop me if you've heard this one before. A state considers implementing a single-payer health care system, then learns it would have to use its entire annual budget, plus some, to fund the idea.

The latest stop on this magical mystery tour of progressive health care plans is California, where U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vermont) has been campaigning on behalf of a proposed state-run single-payer system. On Monday, state lawmakers in Sacramento got their first look at the price tag for the proposal, which rings in at a whopping $400 billion annually.

The Sacramento Bee notes that, even after accounting for an estimated $200 billion that could be saved by replacing current state-run health programs with the single-payer program, the state would still need to come up with $200 billion annually.

This year's state budget in California, by the way, is about $180 billion. That means that implementing a single-payer health care system would require doubling (at least) the state's current tax burden. The analysis of the health care proposal presented to lawmakers on Monday suggests a 15 percent increase to the state's payroll tax to provide the necessary revenue.
                  [...]
                  http://reason.com/blog/2017/05/23/ca...alth-care-cost

People needing "free" health care will be able to just relocate to the Golden State. The nation's health care problem will be solved thanks to California!

And don't worry about the cost... PAC and his rich friends will pay for it.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Good for California for considering to take one for the team and all driving electric cars so the rest of us can enjoy our high octane, foreign sports cars and diesel powered monster trucks:

California Considers Following China With Combustion-Engine Car Ban

The internal combustion engine’s days may be numbered in California, where officials are mulling whether a ban on sales of polluting autos is needed to achieve long-term targets for cleaner air.

Governor Jerry Brown has expressed an interest in barring the sale of vehicles powered by internal-combustion engines, Mary Nichols, chairman of the California Air Resources Board, said in an interview Friday at Bloomberg headquarters in New York. The earliest such a ban is at least a decade away, she said.
                    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...engine-car-ban
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• California raised taxes on gas and diesel today and increased the annual fee on all cars including electric... good for them!

A state gas tax increase of 12 cents per gallon kicks in today, and while the immediate impact will mean less money in motorists’ wallets, the long-term political fallout could roll into next year, when the higher levies are expected to be an issue in elections across California.
                      http://www.latimes.com/politics/esse...htmlstory.html

This is the first of the 12 cent increases phased in over the next three years...

About time California increases taxes to fix their roads!
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

California raised taxes on gas and diesel today and increased the annual fee on all cars including electric... good for them!

This is the first of the 12 cent increases phased in over the next three years...

it's what, an incremental $10 a month at most? nobody i know here cares at all
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

California raised taxes on gas and diesel today and increased the annual fee on all cars including electric... good for them!

California can increase its taxes 1000% for all I care. Driving businesses to Nevada is fantastic! More California taxes, more!
                          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                            Great... Y'all need to fix those damn roads. It is pure hell driving on those when I have to come and visit!
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              After all, can’t they just eat cake?
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                After all, can’t they just eat cake?
                                If I were you all I would look into getting one of those hydrogen-fueled cars. Apparently they have filling stations in the valley, the state gives $5,000 tax credits on them, and you could just brew that stuff in your backyard. Not to mention that stuff is fun to put into balloons and to set on fire...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X