Carl Wimmer, please stop being stupid all the time

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DU Ute
    RIP CUF
    • Dec 2008
    • 7393

    #1

    Carl Wimmer, please stop being stupid all the time

    As disappointed as it was to hear that Carl Wimmer won't be heading to Nevada after all, it was almost worth it to watch to him squirm at the press conference trying to pass the blame and not look like an idiot.

    This is my favorite snippet:

    [YOUTUBE]hlcqwLsVN0o[/YOUTUBE]
    "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
    "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
    "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute
  • frank ryan
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 12365

    #2
    Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
    As disappointed as it was to hear that Carl Wimmer won't be heading to Nevada after all, it was almost worth it to watch to him squirm at the press conference trying to pass the blame and not look like an idiot.

    This is my favorite snippet:

    [YOUTUBE]hlcqwLsVN0o[/YOUTUBE]
    He would been such a blessing to Nevada democrats

    Comment

    • BYUMizzou
      Junior Member
      • Mar 2012
      • 400

      #3
      Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
      As disappointed as it was to hear that Carl Wimmer won't be heading to Nevada after all,
      Wimmer saved his harshest words for Nevada GOP Chairman Mike McDonald, who publicly said Tuesday he’d never heard of Wimmer and had no intention of hiring him.
      I like Nevada GOP chairman Mike Mcdonald, have never heard of Wimmer and have no idea who he is.

      Comment

      • Jacob
        Junior Member
        • Oct 2009
        • 6801

        #4
        Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
        As disappointed as it was to hear that Carl Wimmer won't be heading to Nevada after all, it was almost worth it to watch to him squirm at the press conference trying to pass the blame and not look like an idiot.

        This is my favorite snippet:

        [YOUTUBE]hlcqwLsVN0o[/YOUTUBE]
        What an awful and rude question.

        Comment

        • DU Ute
          RIP CUF
          • Dec 2008
          • 7393

          #5
          Originally posted by Jacob View Post
          What an awful and rude question.
          Why do they have to be so mean?
          "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
          "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
          "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

          Comment

          • Jacob
            Junior Member
            • Oct 2009
            • 6801

            #6
            Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
            Why do they have to be so mean?
            I know nothing of Carl Wimmer. But do you think a professional journalist would ask that question at a press conference?

            Comment

            • DU Ute
              RIP CUF
              • Dec 2008
              • 7393

              #7
              Originally posted by Jacob View Post
              I know nothing of Carl Wimmer. But do you think a professional journalist would ask that question at a press conference?
              Yes, I think they would. Especially at a press conference called by someone who just badly lost a primary and just bungled his latest chance to get back in the game. Sometimes I hear Carl Wimmer's voice in my head when I read your posts.
              "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
              "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
              "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

              Comment

              • Jacob
                Junior Member
                • Oct 2009
                • 6801

                #8
                Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                Yes, I think they would. Especially at a press conference called by someone who just badly lost a primary and just bungled his latest chance to get back in the game. Sometimes I hear Carl Wimmer's voice in my head when I read your posts.
                That's great. But if he were irrelevant, I wonder why the reporter showed up to ask him a question in the first place? Hmm.

                Comment

                • DU Ute
                  RIP CUF
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 7393

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                  That's great. But if he were irrelevant, I wonder why the reporter showed up to ask him a question in the first place? Hmm.
                  He should have asked Wimmer what was contained in the employment contract he signed.
                  "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                  "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                  "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                  Comment

                  • Jeff Lebowski
                    Corporate lackey for Jesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 69696

                    #10
                    Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                    As disappointed as it was to hear that Carl Wimmer won't be heading to Nevada after all, it was almost worth it to watch to him squirm at the press conference trying to pass the blame and not look like an idiot.
                    He failed. I thought it was hilarious how he made such a big deal out of it before leaving and then ripped the Nevada party leaders to shreds when the bottom dropped out. Can't imagine they will be calling him back when something does open up. What a nutjob.

                    Great thread title, btw.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                    Comment

                    • Swimmer
                      The "Open Book" Member
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 180

                      #11
                      Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                      As disappointed as it was to hear that Carl Wimmer won't be heading to Nevada after all, it was almost worth it to watch to him squirm at the press conference trying to pass the blame and not look like an idiot.

                      This is my favorite snippet:

                      [YOUTUBE]hlcqwLsVN0o[/YOUTUBE]
                      As a government employee, and a gay man, I sleep so much better at night knowing this buffoon is no longer in office.
                      Last edited by Swimmer; 06-11-2012, 08:03 AM.
                      “According to the teachings of Buddhism, the worst thing that you can do to your karma is to say to someone else that their faith is bad”

                      Comment

                      • The_Douger
                        Athletic Supporter
                        • Jun 2012
                        • 5413

                        #12
                        He's my rep. Just be glad he likely wasn't that.
                        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69696

                          #13
                          Carl Wimmer has found Jesus.

                          Carl Wimmer was the bull-in-a-china-shop, take-no-prisoners legislator whose uncompromising con
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • Uncle Ted
                            The Big 12 money shot.
                            • Apr 2010
                            • 28853

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Wimmer had thought about rejoining the Legislature and had mentioned it on his Facebook page. But he is about a year away from graduating from an online program offered by Liberty University, the world’s largest Christian university whose chancellor is the Rev. Jerry Falwell Jr.
                            Maybe he could get his own show on Fox News. Does he play the guitar?
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • Clark Addison
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 10306

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              I knew it!

                              Comment

                              Working...