One less Monkee...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • il Padrino Ute
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 19161

    #1

    One less Monkee...

    Davy Jones has passed away.
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader
  • Uncle Ted
    The Big 12 money shot.
    • Apr 2010
    • 28853

    #2
    Thank goodness it wasn't Creekster.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • dabrockster
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2009
      • 10947

      #3
      Always liked him..

      [YOUTUBE]nU615FaODCg[/YOUTUBE]

      Comment

      • SeattleUte
        Faith crisis consultant
        • Nov 2008
        • 20837

        #4
        Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
        Are you glad he died too?
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

        --Jonathan Swift

        Comment

        • marsupial
          Mississippi Queen
          • Nov 2008
          • 3678

          #5
          Marcia Brady must be devastated.
          What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
          -Teenage Dirtbag

          Comment

          • BigPiney
            Huge Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 12365

            #6
            too many monkees jumping on the bed?

            I really liked the monkees. The show was fun.

            I used to have a good time on my mission arguing with an elder who was a huge Beatles fan, saying that the Monkees were way better. I even bought a greatest hits album to play and bug him.

            Comment

            • SoCalCoug
              Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant
              • Nov 2008
              • 5214

              #7
              I feel like a little piece of my childhood has died. Although I wasn't around for the first run of the Monkees, we did watch the reruns frequently in the 70's. All the kids knew about the Monkees - probably more so than any other music group.
              If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

              "Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

              "Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

              Comment

              • il Padrino Ute
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 19161

                #8
                Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                Are you glad he died too?
                Honestly, I don't care one way or the other. Celebrities are not important as far as I'm concerned. The difference between his and Houston's death seems to be that unlike her, he most likely didn't die as a result of his own doing. She made bad choices and I'm supposed to be sad?
                "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                Comment

                • Indy Coug
                  Heartless Bastard
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 18747

                  #9
                  To the extent that this has hindered yet another reunion of a terrible band, this is good news.
                  Everything in life is an approximation.

                  http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                  Comment

                  • happyone
                    Board Bookworm
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 5398

                    #10
                    Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
                    I feel like a little piece of my childhood has died. Although I wasn't around for the first run of the Monkees, we did watch the reruns frequently in the 70's. All the kids knew about the Monkees - probably more so than any other music group.
                    One more thing to remind me I am getting old - I do remember the first run of the show

                    I may be small, but I'm slow.

                    A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

                    Comment

                    Working...