Neeleman is a genius

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Viking
    Banned
    • Jun 2009
    • 6470

    #1

    Neeleman is a genius

    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-1...for-fleet.html

    If you've traveled in Brazil, you know how awful Tam and Gol are. Delayed flights, terrible service. I was in Recife a few weeks ago and Tam canceled a flight into SP...instead of booking me into SP via Rio, which was wide open, they told me I'd have to stay overnight, which of course they wouldn't pay for...until I threw an apoplectic fit in the airport and they acceded.

    Try to book a ticket online with Tam. Fail. Gol is better but not much. Need to contact customer service? Sure, after waiting an hour.

    Azul, however, is normally on time and the customer service is amazing.

    I routinely schedule meetings in Campinas (DC's stomping grounds) so I can fly into Viracopos via Azul and then have driver take me to meetings in Alphaville, then SP.

    Neeleman is going to make more money in Brazil than he did in the US. He's a genius.

    Tam and Gol are going to get killed by their international routes in the next downturn, will resort to price warfare locally, esp in the ponte aerea route, and Azul, because has an entirely different route model, will be the winner here. There's no reason to fly huge fleets of 737s in a market where Embraer jets suffice. Genius.

    Now about that IPO, David...

    Last edited by Viking; 12-09-2011, 04:57 AM.
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69753

    #2
    Many of us have been saying that same thing for years.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • landpoke
      Never once baby snatched
      • Nov 2008
      • 4183

      #3
      How'd you like to be that guy's sibling? (I assume he has siblings being one of you people and all.) Anything you do would pale in comparison to his outsized success. It'd probably take everything you had not to become bitter and petty, consumed by jealousy.
      There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

      Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

      Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
      Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
      …
      Tomorrow is Saturday
      And Sunday comes afterwards

      Comment

      • Color Me Badd Fan
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2009
        • 12519

        #4
        Originally posted by landpoke View Post
        How'd you like to be that guy's sibling? (I assume he has siblings being one of you people and all.) Anything you do would pale in comparison to his outsized success. It'd probably take everything you had not to become bitter and petty, consumed by jealousy.
        Lol, awesome.
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

        Comment

        • HauteCoug
          Wants a Silver Fox
          • Oct 2011
          • 899

          #5
          Originally posted by landpoke View Post
          How'd you like to be that guy's sibling? (I assume he has siblings being one of you people and all.) Anything you do would pale in comparison to his outsized success. It'd probably take everything you had not to become bitter and petty, consumed by jealousy.
          haha A+
          what I am is what I am and I does what I does.

          Comment

          • snowcat
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2009
            • 1348

            #6
            Have you seen the Risk Taker's episode on Neeleman? He has an interesting background. He credit's his mission experience as a major turning point in his life.

            http://www.bloomberg.com/video/72535922/
            One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

            Woot

            I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
            SU

            Comment

            • Viking
              Banned
              • Jun 2009
              • 6470

              #7
              Media reports here that Azul is filing to go public.

              I don't often buy an airline, but when I do, it's run by David Neeleman.
              Last edited by Viking; 03-13-2012, 05:46 PM.

              Comment

              • NorthwestUteFan
                אלוף
                • Oct 2010
                • 3384

                #8
                Originally posted by Viking View Post
                Rumors here that Azul is filing to go public.

                I don't often buy an airline, but when I do, it's run by David Neeleman.
                Are you also a fan of lds.net? It is also owned* by DN.

                (FWIW I am a fan of JetBlue and DN)


                *owned by a company founded by him, the More Good Foundation, which claims to own ~300 pro-Mo websites.

                Comment

                • Viking
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 6470

                  #9
                  Originally posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
                  Are you also a fan of lds.net? It is also owned* by DN.

                  (FWIW I am a fan of JetBlue and DN)


                  *owned by a company founded by him, the More Good Foundation, which claims to own ~300 pro-Mo websites.
                  Why not? I respect a man and his beliefs.

                  Comment

                  • NorthwestUteFan
                    אלוף
                    • Oct 2010
                    • 3384

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Viking View Post
                    Why not? I respect a man and his beliefs.
                    This is a very healthy mindset. Good for you. (I am still trying to embrace this type of nuance).

                    I hope Azul goes big for him. He has done great things to the airline market in the US with JetBlue.

                    Comment

                    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                      Time to camp
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26082

                      #11
                      Every trip we go on my kids ask if we are flying JetBlue, if we happen not to be they are upset.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

                      Comment

                      • PaloAltoCougar
                        Semper infra dignitatem
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 16940

                        #12
                        Originally posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
                        I hope Azul goes big for him. He has done
                        great things to the airline market in the US with JetBlue.
                        I hope so as well, as he was treated very shabbily by JetBlue.

                        Comment

                        • YOhio
                          Hipster Mode
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 26165

                          #13
                          Originally posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
                          Are you also a fan of lds.net? It is also owned* by DN.

                          ...


                          *owned by a company founded by him, the More Good Foundation, which claims to own ~300 pro-Mo websites.
                          lol! I sense a little family scheming going on. Like when P.T. Barnum used to seek out angry letters to the editor to drive the public to see his show.

                          Comment

                          • HauteCoug
                            Wants a Silver Fox
                            • Oct 2011
                            • 899

                            #14
                            Originally posted by landpoke View Post
                            How'd you like to be that guy's sibling? (I assume he has siblings being one of you people and all.) Anything you do would pale in comparison to his outsized success. It'd probably take everything you had not to become bitter and petty, consumed by jealousy.
                            not to mention that they're probably uglier and have uglier children who have uglier babies.
                            what I am is what I am and I does what I does.

                            Comment

                            • NorthwestUteFan
                              אלוף
                              • Oct 2010
                              • 3384

                              #15
                              Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              lol! I sense a little family scheming going on. Like when P.T. Barnum used to seek out angry letters to the editor to drive the public to see his show.
                              Check it out. The forums are like the Religion side of Cougarboard, but all hopped up on Postum and self-righteous indignation.

                              Comment

                              Working...