Unbelieveable...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • il Padrino Ute
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 19161

    #1

    Unbelieveable...

    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=5885257

    And some in Hollywood feel that it's just a movie.
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader
  • HuskyFreeNorthwest
    Time to camp
    • Nov 2008
    • 26082

    #2
    I have a complete aversion to horror movies for the main reason that you can never un-see things. I have avoided the Saw movie series totally.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

    Comment

    • Soccermom
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 4063

      #3
      Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      I have a complete aversion to horror movies for the main reason that you can never un-see things. I have avoided the Saw movie series totally.
      I seriously don't get the draw of horror movies. I can't even get through the previews for them. Not my kind of adrenaline rush.

      Comment

      • Solon
        Lost in the flood
        • Nov 2008
        • 5747

        #4
        Originally posted by Soccermom View Post
        I seriously don't get the draw of horror movies. I can't even get through the previews for them. Not my kind of adrenaline rush.
        There are different kinds of horror movies. Slasher movies that are only looking for excuses to show blood and gore don't do it for me. Scary movies, on the other hand, do. Often "scary" has nothing to do with blood, but everything to do with creepy suspense. Either way, I like terrifying movies.
        "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
        -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

        Comment

        • Soccermom
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 4063

          #5
          Originally posted by Solon View Post
          There are different kinds of horror movies. Slasher movies that are only looking for excuses to show blood and gore don't do it for me. Scary movies, on the other hand, do. Often "scary" has nothing to do with blood, but everything to do with creepy suspense. Either way, I like terrifying movies.
          I think that is what I meant to say. I don't get the draw of slasher, torture, cruel movies with lots of blood and guts. I can handle some suspense, but I think I'm a wimp compared to most. Polergeist was one of the first scary movies I saw. I was terrified of my closet for months after seeing it.

          Comment

          • Donuthole
            Official Outgayer
            • Nov 2008
            • 25268

            #6
            I love scary movies, and I can appreciate a good slasher movie. Saw was pretty good, although Saw II was preachy and predictable. As a result, I never bothered with 3-5. Mrs. Donut hates any movies which are even remotely scary, so she makes me watch them when she's out of town.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

            There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

            Comment

            • Color Me Badd Fan
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2009
              • 12519

              #7
              Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
              http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=5885257

              And some in Hollywood feel that it's just a movie.
              For the life of me, I can't figure out why they can't rate some of these movies NC-17. I saw a few bits of one of the Hostel movies when I had my three free months of HBO/Showtime when I signed up for DirecTV and I checked it out briefly just out of curiousity, and it was just horrible.

              I don't understand how lots of nudity (Showgirls) gets an NC-17 rating and something like these torture porn movies which are far more damaging like to, say, 14 and 15 year old kids gets an R. I'm not saying that the rating will prevent these kinds of kids from seeing them, but an NC-17 rating sure makes these movies a lot less commercially viable and measures would be taken by the filmmakers to tone down the sadism and torture. The threat of an NC-17 rating forces filmmakers to tone down gratutitous nudity already- I just wish they used it more to tone down violence.
              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

              Comment

              • il Padrino Ute
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 19161

                #8
                Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                For the life of me, I can't figure out why they can't rate some of these movies NC-17. I saw a few bits of one of the Hostel movies when I had my three free months of HBO/Showtime when I signed up for DirecTV and I checked it out briefly just out of curiousity, and it was just horrible.

                I don't understand how lots of nudity (Showgirls) gets an NC-17 rating and something like these torture porn movies which are far more damaging like to, say, 14 and 15 year old kids gets an R. I'm not saying that the rating will prevent these kinds of kids from seeing them, but an NC-17 rating sure makes these movies a lot less commercially viable and measures would be taken by the filmmakers to tone down the sadism and torture. The threat of an NC-17 rating forces filmmakers to tone down gratutitous nudity already- I just wish they used it more to tone down violence.
                Well said.
                "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                Comment

                Working...