This gladdens my heart for some reason

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SeattleUte
    Faith crisis consultant
    • Nov 2008
    • 20837

    #1

    This gladdens my heart for some reason

    I question whether he's truly sorry. Do you?

    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

    --Jonathan Swift
  • New Mexican Disaster
    Suomalainen
    • Nov 2008
    • 4549

    #2
    I think it is hard to tell even for the person whether they are sorry that they did the act or whether they got caught.

    Comment

    • RobinFinderson
      Banned
      • Nov 2008
      • 10548

      #3
      Hasn't everyone felt the petty desire to do this? My vote is that he is only sorry he got caught.

      Comment

      • Non Sequitur
        Where did I put my bodkin
        • Nov 2008
        • 5773

        #4
        Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
        Hasn't everyone felt the petty desire to do this? My vote is that he is only sorry he got caught.
        I disagree with your use of the word "petty".
        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

        Comment

        • Eddie
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2009
          • 8098

          #5
          I don't know that I've ever wanted to purposefully scratch another vehicle. I have wanted to write a note. I don't think "dweeb" or "idiot" are too harsh.

          I will admit to once or twice parking my old car VERY close to someone who had parked like an idiot - making it so that there was no way they could open the driver's side door and would likely have to crawl over the passenger seat to get into their vehicle.

          I co-worker once was frustrated enough with someone who had parked their fancy car illegally in our building lot that they wrote a nice note to the vehicles owner. Our HR manager let us know later that the person who's car received said note was the building owner.



          Other things I'd like to do someday? Pick up the trash that someone throws out a car window and return it to them. It would be a bonus if the item being tossed back into said person's lap was a hot cigarette butt. Smoke if you want to - but don't use the world as your trash/ash can.

          Comment

          • Sullyute
            a day late/a dollar short
            • Jul 2010
            • 3308

            #6
            [QUOTE=Eddie;605797]Other things I'd like to do someday? Pick up the trash that someone throws out a car window and return it to them. It would be a bonus if the item being tossed back into said person's lap was a hot cigarette butt. Smoke if you want to - but don't use the world as your trash/ash can.[/QUOTE]

            Nothing makes me more mad than see red sparks fly from the ground because some idiot doesn't want the smell of a smoldering cigarette in his car's ashtrash. :rant:
            "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

            Comment

            • Joe Public
              8.1 YPC
              • Apr 2011
              • 8530

              #7
              Originally posted by Eddie View Post
              I will admit to once or twice parking my old car VERY close to someone who had parked like an idiot - making it so that there was no way they could open the driver's side door and would likely have to crawl over the passenger seat to get into their vehicle.
              I've done this before, too, and I don't think it's wrong. If I park correctly, though very close to a vehicle that's on or over the line, then the next person to take a spot on either side of me won't have to deal with the same thing. If someone were doing it out of anger or spite, then maybe that would be different.
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

              "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

              Comment

              • Clark Addison
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 10310

                #8
                There are some things that people do which immediately make me antagonistic to their cause, even if I would otherwise be sympathetic to it. These include, but are not limited to:

                1. Keying a car
                2. Holding a protest in the middle of a busy street/bridge/highway during rush hour, thereby snarling rush hour traffic
                3. Protesting by throwing a pie in the face of the person you disagree with. If you feel strongly enough about something that you want to assault someone, be a man and punch them.
                Last edited by Clark Addison; 07-20-2011, 04:31 AM.

                Comment

                • il Padrino Ute
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 19161

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                  Other things I'd like to do someday? Pick up the trash that someone throws out a car window and return it to them. It would be a bonus if the item being tossed back into said person's lap was a hot cigarette butt. Smoke if you want to - but don't use the world as your trash/ash can.
                  My bro-in-law, a Sheriff's deputy in SL County, has been known to do this when he sees someone toss a butt at a red light. It's hilarious to see this happen, as the smoker really can't say anything about what happens. I realize that laughing about this contradicts my statement in another thread about cops' and how they should be held accountable for weapon use, but I can't help it.
                  "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                  "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                  Comment

                  Working...