I love the smell of emissions in the morning - Official Palin for President Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • YOhio
    Hipster Mode
    • Nov 2008
    • 26165

    #1

    I love the smell of emissions in the morning - Official Palin for President Thread

    Sarah Palin makes a grand appearance at the Rolling Thunder motorcycle rally




    After this she's headed out for a bus tour in this sweet new ride.



    With the rest of the field shaping up, I think she sees looking forward to a few good months of "will she or won't she" talking heads discussion.
  • Viking
    Banned
    • Jun 2009
    • 6470

    #2
    she is the political equivalent of a televangelist.

    Comment

    • San Juan Sun
      Kicked to the curb
      • Dec 2009
      • 9214

      #3
      Originally posted by Viking View Post
      she is the political equivalent of a televangelist.
      She's a poser. There's only one real motorcycle loving nancy in this race, and his name is Huntsman.
      "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

      - Ty Cobb

      Comment

      • wuapinmon
        Soul Plumber
        • Dec 2008
        • 30711

        #4
        Harper´s has an article about her now that´s borderline sympathetic, but her record on balancing her state´s budget only stems from her taxing the hell out of the oil majors. 90% of Alaska´s budget comes from oil revenues, and their current $12 billion state surplus comes ENTIRELY from the two taxes she pushed through with the help of Democratic state representatives in Alaska.

        She´s one of those tax and hoard Republicans.
        "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
        The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

        Comment

        • RobinFinderson
          Banned
          • Nov 2008
          • 10548

          #5
          Whenever I see the word 'emissions' my brain automatically puts the word 'nocturnal' in front of it.

          Comment

          • wuapinmon
            Soul Plumber
            • Dec 2008
            • 30711

            #6
            Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
            Whenever I see the word 'emissions' my brain automatically puts the word 'nocturnal' in front of it.
            That´s why he had to put "Official Palin for ...." in the title, otherwise people would´ve thought this was a Bedroom thread.
            "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
            The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

            Comment

            • YOhio
              Hipster Mode
              • Nov 2008
              • 26165

              #7
              Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
              Whenever I see the word 'emissions' my brain automatically puts the word 'nocturnal' in front of it.
              Is it because you like to ride motorcycles at night?

              Comment

              • Uncle Ted
                The Big 12 money shot.
                • Apr 2010
                • 28853

                #8
                Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                Sarah Palin makes a grand appearance at the Rolling Thunder motorcycle rally




                After this she's headed out for a bus tour in this sweet new ride.


                With the rest of the field shaping up, I think she sees looking forward to a few good months of "will she or won't she" talking heads discussion.
                A motorcycle puts out much less emissions than your average car and a bus is a greener way to travel cross country than traveling by train or airplane (especially Air Force 1). So what is your point?

                The 2012 republican crop can be pretty be summed up as follows...



                There might be some hope for Huntsman, however.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • wuapinmon
                  Soul Plumber
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 30711

                  #9
                  I hate that I think she looks hot in that 1st photo.
                  "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                  The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                  Comment

                  • falafel
                    loves to talk on things
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 37987

                    #10
                    Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                    I hate that I think she looks hot in that 1st photo.
                    That's only because she isn't talking.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                    Dig your own grave, and save!

                    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • Babs
                      Not a Lawyer
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 17128

                      #11
                      I'm eagerly awaiting the inevitable Palin-Bachmann catfight. The other candidates can just kick back and wait for the two of them to take each other out of contention.

                      Comment

                      • Non Sequitur
                        Where did I put my bodkin
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 5773

                        #12
                        Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                        Whenever I see the word 'emissions' my brain automatically puts the word 'nocturnal' in front of it.
                        The phrase "smell of emissions in the morning" brought up an entirely different image for me. My best friend growing up had a gassy German Shepard that used to sleep at the end of his bed. You open that door in the morning and you know all about the smell of emissions.
                        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

                        Comment

                        • YOhio
                          Hipster Mode
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 26165

                          #13
                          Dinner with Donald.

                          Comment

                          • Babs
                            Not a Lawyer
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 17128

                            #14
                            lol. Eatin' good in the neighborhood!

                            Comment

                            • YOhio
                              Hipster Mode
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 26165

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Babs View Post
                              lol. Eatin' good in the neighborhood!
                              The Applebees sign was from across the street, it's glare caught on the window. They were eating at Famiglia's.

                              Comment

                              Working...