Financial Markets 5/2/11

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BlueHair
    Boom Bitches!!!
    • Nov 2008
    • 2894

    #1

    Financial Markets 5/2/11

    Call your shot. Where will the Dow close tomorrow?
    Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks
  • Viking
    Banned
    • Jun 2009
    • 6470

    #2
    It's funny. This is my biz but I refuse to make point predictions. When earnings get worse, the mkt goes down. When they are good, the mkt goes up

    Comment

    • Portland Ute
      Junior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 5647

      #3
      I think oil is going to go up.

      I think the Saudis get pissed and lower production.

      Comment

      • creekster
        It is NOT a monkey!
        • Nov 2008
        • 22661

        #4
        Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
        I think oil is going to go up.

        I think the Saudis get pissed and lower production.
        Are you kidding? The Saudis will be very happy OBL is dead.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

        Comment

        • I.J. Reilly
          Nobody's Fool
          • Apr 2009
          • 2949

          #5
          Up 100+. For an exact prediction I'll say 124, on expected higher consumer confidence and spending.

          Comment

          • BlueHair
            Boom Bitches!!!
            • Nov 2008
            • 2894

            #6
            I'm guessing up 200.
            Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

            Comment

            • byu71
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 22070

              #7
              Originally posted by Viking View Post
              It's funny. This is my biz but I refuse to make point predictions. When earnings get worse, the mkt goes down. When they are good, the mkt goes up
              I also don't want to make a guess. My reason is I don't want to look like a fool in an area I am supposed to know something about. Of course I have admitted in the past I suck at making day to day predicitions.

              Comment

              • New Mexican Disaster
                Suomalainen
                • Nov 2008
                • 4549

                #8
                Up 175. Oil up $3 on belief in stronger demand.

                Comment

                • Lost Student
                  BAND!
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 4324

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Viking View Post
                  It's funny. This is my biz but I refuse to make point predictions. When earnings get worse, the mkt goes down. When they are good, the mkt goes up
                  Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                  I also don't want to make a guess. My reason is I don't want to look like a fool in an area I am supposed to know something about. Of course I have admitted in the past I suck at making day to day predicitions.
                  Just do what the betting hotlines do. Tell half of your clients one thing and the other half the opposite. The side to which you were correct will be so impressed and will become such dedicated clients that it will make up for the loss in credibility to the other half.
                  "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                  "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                  This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                  "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                  "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

                  Comment

                  • myboynoah
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 21719

                    #10
                    Originally posted by creekster View Post
                    Are you kidding? The Saudis will be very happy OBL is dead.
                    Yeah, why would the Saudis be upset?
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                    Comment

                    • Guest

                      #11
                      my guess: djia, + 17.22. I'm calling my shot now.

                      Comment

                      • New Mexican Disaster
                        Suomalainen
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 4549

                        #12
                        Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                        Up 175. Oil up $3 on belief in stronger demand.
                        Well I was way off.

                        Comment

                        • Viking
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 6470

                          #13
                          Kind of funny that the two guys who make a living in this crazy profession know better than to try to make a single day call!

                          Comment

                          • Viking
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 6470

                            #14
                            71, if you have those SLV puts...HOLY SHIT

                            Comment

                            • Joe Public
                              8.1 YPC
                              • Apr 2011
                              • 8530

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Viking View Post
                              71, if you have those SLV puts...HOLY SHIT
                              Oil is under $100/barrel, too.
                              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                              "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                              Comment

                              Working...