Legalized Marijuana -- The way is clear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    The anti- crowd is relatively quiet in my feed. The pro-crowd is whipped into a frenzy with the recent church statement. ymmv.
    Well, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints statement is part of what I was referring to with the annoying and dishonest anti-crowd.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
      Well, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints statement is part of what I was referring to with the annoying and dishonest anti-crowd.
      Ha.

Funk, you try way too hard.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Ha.

Funk, you try way too hard.
        I didn't have to try hard at all. I got an email. I didn't even have to look up the statement.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Funk, thank you for illustrating precisely the type of histrionics I was referring to.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...na-policy.html

Those behind the campaign to legalize medical marijuana and some of its most vocal opponents have reached a tentative agreement on what medical marijuana policy should look like in Utah, the Deseret News has learned.
            The agreement, made up of policy alternatives to the Proposition 2 provisions that were most heavily criticized by its detractors, comes after private talks with legislative leaders and is expected to be officially announced Thursday.

Michelle McOmber, CEO of the Utah Medical Association, which has long been opposed to Proposition 2, confirmed Tuesday that her group was involved in reaching the compromise, which "we feel would be much safer and still be compassionate and answer the needs of patients."

Comment

• Dumb Canadians... hurting those poor farmers:

Canada's legalization of marijuana could hurt farmers in poorer countries

For decades poor farmers in countries like Jamaica and Morocco have risked the wrath of governments and gangsters to grow cannabis as a cash crop.

But as Canada becomes the first country in the Group of Seven leading industrial nations to fully legalize marijuana, those countries where the crop has traditionally been grown risk losing out on new legal markets worth billions of dollars.

When people think of cannabis production in developing countries, they tend to picture drug cartels and bandits.

The truth, says Martin Jelsma of the Transnational Institute (TNI), a Dutch drug-policy research organization, is that most growers are poor farmers, often women, who cultivate marijuana on small holdings in the hills and mountains.
              [...]
              https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/17/world...ntl/index.html
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                Dumb Canadians... hurting those poor farmers:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/17/world...ntl/index.html
                ehhh.. that's referring to farmers involved in the illegal drug trade, right?
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• For days she couldn’t stop getting sick. At first she doubted the probable cause.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• My son encountered that frequently during his residency in Colorado.

Comment

• Interesting. It sounds like a side effect of its use that impacts some users much like a side effect of other prescribed drugs. People’s social attachment to the drug makes it difficult for them to attribute any side effects that they may have, but most drugs have side effects in a subset of users.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Psychosis, Addiction, Chronic Vomiting: As Weed Becomes More Potent, Teens Are Getting Sick

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                        X