Tal Bachmann is a dumb-dumb

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Green Monstah
    Royal Rooter
    • Aug 2010
    • 13962

    #16
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Damn you, RedSox. Now I have that song running through my head.
    Like Cleopatra, Joan of Ark, and APHRODIIIIIIITE!
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

    "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

    Comment

    • wuapinmon
      Soul Plumber
      • Dec 2008
      • 30711

      #17
      Originally posted by RedSox View Post
      Like Cleopatra, Joan of Ark, and APHRODIIIIIIITE!
      Have you seen Lou Vega or have you ever been really loved, by a hand that's touched you?
      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

      Comment

      • Green Monstah
        Royal Rooter
        • Aug 2010
        • 13962

        #18
        Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
        Have you seen Lou Vega or have you ever been really loved, by a hand that's touched you?
        I may be dating myself, but have no idea who Lou Vega is.

        Natalie Imbruglia? Raaaarrrrr....
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

        "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

        Comment

        • NorthwestUteFan
          אלוף
          • Oct 2010
          • 3384

          #19
          Lou Bega?

          [YOUTUBE]EK_LN3XEcnw[/YOUTUBE]


          Is Talmadge's father (Randy Bachman) still an active church member?

          **edit** Found the answer to my question on wiki:

          "Bachman was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. During his early Guess Who years, his religious beliefs conflicted with the sex, drugs & rock n roll lifestyle of the other band members and caused some bitterness between Bachman and bandmate Burton Cummings. Bachman later renounced his Mormon beliefs, saying, "We found some things that couldn’t be reconciled," and declaring, "Religion is a bunch of rules, a fear factor."
          Last edited by NorthwestUteFan; 01-26-2011, 11:24 AM.

          Comment

          • oxcoug
            Dolphins Rape Hipsters
            • Dec 2009
            • 5309

            #20
            Originally posted by 8BR View Post
            lol x2. I had never even heard of him until him starting talking about suicide bombing for his mission pres on PBS.
            I will second this -

            I had no idea what his name was or that he was Mormon until he showed up all embittered on that PBS program.

            I gathered from his comments that he was basically trying to blame his lack of a career post-that-one-song on the fact that he's Mormon.
            Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

            It can't all be wedding cake.

            Comment

            • NorthwestUteFan
              אלוף
              • Oct 2010
              • 3384

              #21
              Originally posted by oxcoug View Post

              I gathered from his comments that he was basically trying to blame his lack of a career post-that-one-song on the fact that he's Mormon.
              ...which is entirely hilarious, because that one song was MADE popular by Mormon kids in Utah.

              His career sucks because he is locked into a multi-record contract with a record company who won't let him record any albums. Many bands out there are like that. I have heard Gladys Knight, Tal Bachman, Collective Soul, and several other once-popular performing artists say the same thing.

              Collective Soul made one triple-Platinum, one double-Platinum, two Platinum, and one Gold album in 7 years, yet they still had to fight their record company to allow them to make more music.

              Gladys Knight in an interview about 5 yrs ago said she would love to record more songs, and has many unrecorded songs written, but can't find a record company willing to let her record. Maybe she can do it now that it is easier to self-produce music and release it through Youtube and other websites. I would buy it, I think she has one of the most passionate, soulful, and fantastic voices every recorded.

              Comment

              • wuapinmon
                Soul Plumber
                • Dec 2008
                • 30711

                #22
                Originally posted by RedSox View Post
                I may be dating myself, but have no idea who Lou Vega is.
                That's okay, I'm sure that you've been downhearted, baby, you've been downhearted, baby, ever since the day we met.
                "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                Comment

                • Green Monstah
                  Royal Rooter
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 13962

                  #23
                  Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
                  I will second this -

                  I had no idea what his name was or that he was Mormon until he showed up all embittered on that PBS program.

                  I gathered from his comments that he was basically trying to blame his lack of a career post-that-one-song on the fact that he's Mormon.
                  FWIW, Bachmann's beef with the church is legit. His has asked some difficult questions and doesn't like the answers. I have no idea what role his music career played, if any, in his exit, but I will vouch for him and say that his arguments against the church are usually well thought out.

                  That's not to say that he doesn't go to extremes at times. He calls mormons "cult loons" and thinks that all Mormons have the mindset of suicide bombers (because he admits that he had that type of zeal...which is an indicment of the Young Tal Bachmann more than it is of the Mormon people as a whole).
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                  "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                  Comment

                  • old_gregg
                    scaly man fish
                    • Nov 2009
                    • 16915

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Moliere View Post


                    She certainly was a candidate, but she never polled as the leader at any point and I don't remember her making any sort of charge in the polls either. She was consistently below 10% and was the second candidate to drop out (Cain being the first). She was a long-shot candidate, not a genuine contender.
                    she did well in iowa, iirc. the magnitude of her crazy makes even a small amount of success pretty embarrassing.
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                    Comment

                    Working...