Super Computer Virus Cripples Iran's Nuke Efforts

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • The Fourth Nephite
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 781

    #1

    Super Computer Virus Cripples Iran's Nuke Efforts

    Have you guys read about this? It's fricking awesome:



    It's absolutely amazing what the virus did and how it did it.
    "I'm going to go back to CUF now, where the censorship is less, the average IQ is higher, and we don't have to deal with so much of this nonsense. Goodbye." - SoonerCoug
  • creekster
    It is NOT a monkey!
    • Nov 2008
    • 22661

    #2
    I had heard of the worm and the embedded Myrtus reference, but never the rest of the story. Fascinating read. thanks for posting,.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

    Comment

    • Surfah
      Where's Wallace?
      • Nov 2008
      • 33726

      #3
      Originally posted by creekster View Post
      I had heard of the worm and the embedded Myrtus reference, but never the rest of the story. Fascinating read. thanks for posting,.
      Same. Amazing read.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

      Comment

      • The Fourth Nephite
        Junior Member
        • Mar 2009
        • 781

        #4
        I'm guessing it was Israel. I doubt we would have the balls to do it.
        "I'm going to go back to CUF now, where the censorship is less, the average IQ is higher, and we don't have to deal with so much of this nonsense. Goodbye." - SoonerCoug

        Comment

        • Surfah
          Where's Wallace?
          • Nov 2008
          • 33726

          #5
          Originally posted by The Fourth Nephite View Post
          I'm guessing it was Israel. I doubt we would have the balls to do it.
          I think the author is right. It was a multinational effort.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

          Comment

          • old_gregg
            scaly man fish
            • Nov 2009
            • 16915

            #6
            does anybody really think russia would cooperate on this type of thing? i certainly don't.
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

            Comment

            • creekster
              It is NOT a monkey!
              • Nov 2008
              • 22661

              #7
              Originally posted by camleish View Post
              does anybody really think russia would cooperate on this type of thing? i certainly don't.
              I think they might. It allows them to play both sides of the issue to their own advantage.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

              Comment

              • il Padrino Ute
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 19161

                #8
                Originally posted by The Fourth Nephite View Post
                I'm guessing it was Israel. I doubt we would have the balls to do it.
                Whoever it was did the world a favor.
                "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                Comment

                • Devildog
                  Motor Boatin' SOB
                  • Oct 2010
                  • 1239

                  #9
                  Outstanding!

                  "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
                  -Thucydides

                  "Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
                  -Miyamoto Musashi

                  Si vis pacem, para bellum

                  Comment

                  • Slim
                    Straight Out the Trailer
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 1007

                    #10
                    One of the coolest things I've read in a while.

                    Comment

                    • UtahDan
                      *
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 14496

                      #11
                      Originally posted by creekster View Post
                      I think they might. It allows them to play both sides of the issue to their own advantage.
                      Exactly. They can help in private and either deny or say nothing in public. Plausible deniability.

                      Comment

                      • woot
                        Resident Science Cop
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 5531

                        #12
                        That would be a hard script to write, but somebody should do it. That's good stuff.

                        Comment

                        • mtnbiker
                          it's all a blur
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 2573

                          #13
                          I had wondered why Israel hadn't launched an air strike on the processing plant or the reactor; I guess they did, in a way. I wonder how accurate the article is, though. At the end they claim the term 'deadfoot' is an aviation term meaning the engine has quit. That's bogus. They use the term 'deadstick'.

                          Comment

                          • BlueHair
                            Boom Bitches!!!
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 2894

                            #14
                            I hope someone doesn't do this to us!
                            Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

                            Comment

                            • BigFatMeanie
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 7113

                              #15
                              Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                              I had wondered why Israel hadn't launched an air strike on the processing plant or the reactor; I guess they did, in a way. I wonder how accurate the article is, though. At the end they claim the term 'deadfoot' is an aviation term meaning the engine has quit. That's bogus. They use the term 'deadstick'.
                              Also, it said the facility was underground with not outside connections to the world but then later on it said the virus did a "phone home" type of thing to servers in malaysia. How is that possible with no outside connections to the world?

                              My spidey sense is tingling that this article may be exaggerating a bit.

                              Comment

                              Working...