2010 City Crime Rankings

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bluegoose
    7th round draft pick
    • Nov 2008
    • 4121

    #1

    2010 City Crime Rankings

    Here is the list from highest crime rates to lowest.



    Some surprises:

    Salt Lake (#105) with more violent crimes than Bakersfield (123) or Fresno (133).

    South Bend (68) higher than Las Vegas(76).

    Redding, CA (178), my current home town, is higher than Fairfield, CA (220), the town I grew up in.
  • KillerDog
    a.k.a. K-dog
    • Feb 2009
    • 4196

    #2
    Camden, NJ is always in the top 5. I got into a series of altercations there as a youngster. Sometimes it pays to play hoop in rough neighborhoods, sometimes it doesn't.

    Comment

    • RobinFinderson
      Banned
      • Nov 2008
      • 10548

      #3
      Interesting. St. Louis doesn't spring to mind when I think about problems with crime. Of course that is a better reflection of my ignorance about the Midwest than it is anything else. The Midwest is just this vast part of the country to which I have zero cultural ties, and thus no real understanding. Good luck people of St Louis. I hope you figure out how to solve your problems.

      Comment

      • SteelBlue
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 8189

        #4
        Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
        Redding, CA (178), my current home town, is higher than Fairfield, CA (220), the town I grew up in.
        It's been a very different year here hasn't it? We've had all of our cars broken into in the past couple of months (nothing stolen). All of my neighbors have had the same treatment with many of the single mothers on my street having middle of the day attempted break ins. I've had the ghetto bird circle my neighborhood more times this year than in the 12 years prior combined. Nothing violent, just lots of theft.

        Comment

        • pellegrino
          miserere me
          • Jan 2009
          • 12100

          #5
          Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
          Interesting. St. Louis doesn't spring to mind when I think about problems with crime. Of course that is a better reflection of my ignorance about the Midwest than it is anything else. The Midwest is just this vast part of the country to which I have zero cultural ties, and thus no real understanding. Good luck people of St Louis. I hope you figure out how to solve your problems.
          St. louis is bad, really bad. It's main problem is the lack of funds from property taxes. With the white flight of the 60s and 70s, entire blocks of housing were abandoned, thus decreasing its tax base and increasing the number of poor, blighted neighborhoods, particularly in the north side of the city. It's an independent city, so it receives no tax funds from the county, which has a large, wealthy tax base. With a limited tax base, the city will always be strapped for cash.

          The architect in you might appreciate this site, which offers virtual tours of the fine houses and buildings that still exist in blighted areas (and others that are not blighted) and the now vacant city blocks that have been bulldozed.

          Last edited by pellegrino; 11-22-2010, 01:25 PM.
          Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
          God forgives many things for an act of mercy
          Alessandro Manzoni

          Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

          pelagius

          Comment

          • Goatnapper'96
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 10924

            #6
            I would like to orient the readers to the municipalities ranked #383 and #385!

            HAIL TO THEE OH SIMI HIGH SCHOOL
            WE'LL BE EVER TRUE!
            TO YOUR HONORS AND TRADITIONS
            ALL OUR WHOLE LIFE THROUGH!

            You got somethin to steal? Go "over the hill."

            Die TO. Your best and brightest find the blighted intellectual wasteland of Utah County, Utah a more attractive option.

            Die.
            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
            -General George S. Patton

            I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
            -DOCTOR Wuap

            Comment

            • Goatnapper'96
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 10924

              #7
              Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
              St. louis is bad, really bad. It's main problem is the lack of funds from property taxes. With the white flight of the 60s and 70s, entire blocks of housing were abandoned, thus decreasing its tax base and increasing the number of poor, blighted neighborhoods, particularly in the north side of the city. It's an independent city, so it receives no tax funds from the county, which has a large, wealthy tax base. With a limited tax base, the city will always be strapped for cash.

              The architect in you might appreciate this site, which offers virtual tours of the fine houses and buildings that still exist in blighted areas (and others that are not blighted) and the now vacant city blocks that have been bulldozed.

              http://www.builtstlouis.net/
              But it has exceptional authentic bar-b-q and Italian in the same city. That has gotta count for something!

              Apparantly, the business environment sucks ass. I spent an hour at Fat Toney's consuming copious amounts of well seasoned and smoked swine products. Fat Toney himself, the man they myth, came out and visted with me about the asinine business environment. I did my best to encourage him to relocate to Pocatello, Idaho. He looked at me funny and asked "Would I need a green card to go there?!"
              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
              -General George S. Patton

              I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
              -DOCTOR Wuap

              Comment

              • cougjunkie
                *Banned*
                • Nov 2008
                • 23223

                #8
                Oakland, CA- 5
                Richmond, CA- 6
                Vallejo, CA- 33

                I lived in all 3 cities growing up.
                *Banned*

                Comment

                • Flystripper
                  Degenerate Gambler
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 14089

                  #9
                  I love how all the cities in IL with the exception of Rockford did not report data....nothing to see here folks nothing to see here.
                  Dyslexics are teople poo...

                  Comment

                  • Goatnapper'96
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 10924

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                    I love how all the cities in IL with the exception of Rockford did not report data....nothing to see here folks nothing to see here.
                    That is because Rockford has a dude who owns a tank enforcing the law!
                    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                    -General George S. Patton

                    I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                    -DOCTOR Wuap

                    Comment

                    • pellegrino
                      miserere me
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 12100

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                      But it has exceptional authentic bar-b-q and Italian in the same city. That has gotta count for something!

                      Apparantly, the business environment sucks ass. I spent an hour at Fat Toney's consuming copious amounts of well seasoned and smoked swine products. Fat Toney himself, the man they myth, came out and visted with me about the asinine business environment. I did my best to encourage him to relocate to Pocatello, Idaho. He looked at me funny and asked "Would I need a green card to go there?!"
                      and it does. St. Louis is a great place, even though their baseball team sucks.

                      It's kind of a vicious cycle that a lot of cities have seen, but the independent city thing exacerbates it because their ability to attract businesses is diminished. Who wants to put a major operation in a city that doesn't have good transportation resources, has a lot of crime (including one of the top murder rates) and has no friends in the state legislature because they're a minority dominated city? I feel for St. Louis, it was once the premier city west of the Appalachians and it's fallen very, very low.
                      Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                      God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                      Alessandro Manzoni

                      Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                      pelagius

                      Comment

                      • Donuthole
                        Official Outgayer
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 25268

                        #12
                        Ogden significantly further down the list than SLC.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                        There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                        Comment

                        • il Padrino Ute
                          Junior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 19161

                          #13
                          Dayton is in the Top 20. Congrats, YO!
                          "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                          "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                          Comment

                          • TheAzzuri
                            Junior Member
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 454

                            #14
                            I wonder how the rankings would change if all crimes were actually reported.

                            Comment

                            • Indy Coug
                              Heartless Bastard
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 18747

                              #15
                              Originally posted by TheAzzuri View Post
                              I wonder how the rankings would change if all crimes were actually reported.
                              Orem would be screwed, chewed and tattooed.
                              Everything in life is an approximation.

                              http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                              Comment

                              Working...