Halloween civics lesson

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sleeping in EQ
    Philosopher of Men
    • Nov 2008
    • 4188

    #16
    Originally posted by NorthShoreCoug View Post
    So my kids, like so many American children, receive a liberally-slanted education.

    The teachers can indoctrinate them for 180 days, but Halloween, by itself, is quite effective at overcoming all of that indoctrination.

    When the kids came home and dumped out their candy, I played the role of the taxman. I told them I got 1/4th of their candy as tax for all the services I provide them and the rest of the family. They didn't like that idea. After some back and forth, I told them that generally, Obama and the Democrats thinks that the government deserves even more of it, while the Republicans are generally of the mind that they should keep more of it for themselves.

    In the end, in the spirit of my own libertarian streak, I lowered taxes to just six pieces of candy from each.

    Generally, libertarian leaning Republicans relax rules against Melamine in the Halloween candy and lead in the face paint!
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

    Comment

    Working...