California's Prop 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
    No because pot gives you the munchies and the munchies make you fat.
    Frito-Lay, Hostess, and Little Debbie better get behind this prop.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

California marijuana legalization goes up in smoke

LOS ANGELES, Nov 2 (Reuters) - California voters rejected a ballot measure on Tuesday that would have made it the first U.S. state to legalize marijuana for recreational use.

The "no" vote on Proposition 19 had 56 percent of the vote to 43 percent for "yes," with 20 percent of precincts counted. CNN projected the measure's failure.

Comment

Those damn Mormons!

Comment

Dang, I had such high hopes for this proposition.

Comment

I'm guessing a lot of voters in favor of Prop 19 failed to get out of bed in time.
            "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

It went down with 53% against it. That is sizable, but considering a huge number of Californians get their 'medicine,' as well as their information, from the dispensaries, a huge number of people who probably should have supported Prop 19 ended up voting against it. It sure wasn't perfect, but it was definitely a step in the right direction. Who benefits most from prop 19 going down? The dispensary industry. The doctors who got tired of practicing medicine and have taken up issuing recommendations. Street dealers. The Mexican drug cartels.

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                I'm guessing a lot of voters in favor of Prop 19 failed to get out of bed in time.
                you mean they didn't get the memo about showing up at 4:11?
                Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                  you mean they didn't get the memo about showing up at 4:11?

You mean 4:20?
                  What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                  -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                    Street dealers. The Mexican drug cartels.
                    I'm not buying this one. There would still be 49 states that need their pot and the cartels would be the ones growing that amount of pot. Legalization would need to occur on a national level to reduce or eliminate that criminal element.

Comment

It went down with 53% against it.

When do we go trash the LA Temple?

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                        I'm not buying this one. There would still be 49 states that need their pot and the cartels would be the ones growing that amount of pot. Legalization would need to occur on a national level to reduce or eliminate that criminal element.
                        If Cali legalized it, and started generating many millions in tax revenue and savings in fighting 'pot-crime,' it wouldn't be long before other states wanted in. Legalization, when it happens, will sweep the country fast. Moreover, if Cali legalizes it, Cali will produce a much greater quantity of the the black market weed that gets sold in other states (I grant you, much of the cartel weed is grown in Cali already). The cartels would take a hit in competition and they would take a hit in pricing due to supply and demand. There is also the fact that Cali grows the best weed in the US. The weed that gets confiscated in Mexico, by the freaking TON, is not a very high grade of product. The cartels would be selling ditch weed compared to Cali sin semilla -- cartels lose on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by mUUser View Post
                          When do we go trash the LA Temple?
                          I'm free after five. We can stage from my apartment.

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post

You mean 4:20?
                            Maybe he just wanted information.
                            I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

The argument about crime going down is kind of lame. If we legalize murder then of course the crime rate goes down. Have you not seen The Wire? Look what happened in Hamsterdam.
                              *Banned*

Comment

If Cali legalized it, and started generating many millions in tax revenue and savings in fighting 'pot-crime,' it wouldn't be long before other states wanted in. Legalization, when it happens, will sweep the country fast. Moreover, if Cali legalizes it, Cali will produce a much greater quantity of the the black market weed that gets sold in other states (I grant you, much of the cartel weed is grown in Cali already). The cartels would take a hit in competition and they would take a hit in pricing due to supply and demand. There is also the fact that Cali grows the best weed in the US. The weed that gets confiscated in Mexico, by the freaking TON, is not a very high grade of product. The cartels would be selling ditch weed compared to Cali sin semilla -- cartels lose on that one.
                                This is my view as well. Once this happens, and it will happen, then we can expect a sweeping wave of legalization. It's like we learned nothing from Prohibition.
                                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                                X