Global Warming: "Pseudoscientific Fraud"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Yeah, it seems if the dumb Dems actually understood what is really causing the climate problem (i.e. the cows) they would be running that pipeline right through Cowboy's pasture lands to shut him down.
    I wonder how the number of cows curently being raised on Cowboy's pasture would compare to the number of wild bison that roamed on Cowboy's pasture before the land was settled.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
      How brown does your nose get when your nose is say 6 inches up his fanny.
      That sounds painful.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Is it fair to say this entire thread can be boiled down to:

Group A: We believe climate change theory because many, many scientists say it is real!

and

Group B: We do not believe those scientists!

If this is the case, why is everyone posting links to articles and studies and making passionate arguments from one side or the other? Seems like a complete waste of time to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by SandYFan View Post
          Is it fair to say this entire thread can be boiled down to:

Group A: We believe climate change theory because many, many scientists say it is real!

and

If this is the case, why is everyone posting links to articles and studies and making passionate arguments from one side or the other? Seems like a complete waste of time to me.
          Feel free to disengage!
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Are you new to this whole message board experience? Because wasting time is pretty much the point.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
              How brown does your nose get when your nose is say 6 inches up his fanny.
              Brown nosing Lebowski? That would be a first.

He's often right (fortunately or unfortunately) but it doesn't mean he conveys it the right way.

By the way, I stand all amazed at anyone that can read the available data (albeit flawed or even conflicted at times) and not just realize we have an alarming affect on the environment. You may concede an effect but to continue to regurgitate silly politically motivated nonsense is a really strange tactic in an argument such as this. At least CMBF includes some of his own data (which I read with the same skepticism with which I read all reports). That's how an argument is at least formulated.

I did not always believe in the affects we have on the environment but overwhelming evidence has changed my opinion. And before you ask, I don't know how to fix it either, but I sure know doing nothing is not the answer.
              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                Are you new to this whole message board experience? Because wasting time is pretty much the point.
                Chances are that this board is a bigger cause of global warming than anything else.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  Chances are that this board is a bigger cause of global warming than anything else.
                  Gas-Ex.
                  "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Is it fair to say this entire thread can be boiled down to:

and

No! completely unfair
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post

He's often right (fortunately or unfortunately) but it doesn't mean he conveys it the right way.
                      That's a fair criticism. I will look to you as a mentor for congenial forum posting!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        That's a fair criticism. I will look to you as a mentor for congenial forum posting!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          No. The cows by far are the bigger cause! Go to cowspiracy.com and see for yourself.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                            I wonder how the number of cows curently being raised on Cowboy's pasture would compare to the number of wild bison that roamed on Cowboy's pasture before the land was settled.
                            cowspiracy.com said nothing about wild bison. I don't think they cause global warming.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I did not always believe in the affects we have on the environment but overwhelming evidence has changed my opinion. And before you ask, I don't know how to fix it either, but I sure know doing nothing is not the answer.
                              This is the problem for me.

Is the climate changing? Yes. Are humans impacting climate change? Yes. How much? We think significantly but the predictions appear to need some work. Are the potential costs to society great? Yes. Can we predict when these effects will be realized? The models appear to need some work. Can we quantify the impact of various policy changes on mitigating climate change? Getting murkier. But we have to do something, right?

Here is when people will come to tell you what you need to do that often seem to a) further some other political agenda, b) result in enriching a select few or c) make you jump through hoops that appear to do little to reduce actual greenhouse gas emissions. I get real nervous when we get new mandates that will result in actual drops in standard of living with little possibility of measureable impact, especially when motives of those clamoring for the mandates can be called in question.
                              One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                              SU

Comment

By the way, I stand all amazed at anyone that can read the available data (albeit flawed or even conflicted at times) and not just realize we have an alarming affect on the environment. You may concede an effect but to continue to regurgitate silly politically motivated nonsense is a really strange tactic in an argument such as this. At least CMBF includes some of his own data (which I read with the same skepticism with which I read all reports). That's how an argument is at least formulated.

Good post. You took me down a notch without being nasty. If I were inclined to be a better poster I could learn from reading your posts.

Comment

Working...
                                X