Pledge to America

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • All-American
    Right, as Usual
    • Nov 2008
    • 15666

    #1

    Pledge to America



    Replace the health care bill with a smaller version, cut spending, preserve the Bush tax cuts, save kittens, and quote Reagan. All over President Obama's veto, I presume.

    I know they're trying to evoke 1994, but this feels a lot more like the Republican version of the Democrat 2008. At least it's more specific than "Hope" and "Change we can believe in".
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν
  • wuapinmon
    Soul Plumber
    • Dec 2008
    • 30711

    #2
    Originally posted by All-American View Post
    http://pledge.gop.gov/resources/libr...to-america.pdf

    Replace the health care bill with a smaller version, cut spending, preserve the Bush tax cuts, save kittens, and quote Reagan. All over President Obama's veto, I presume.

    I know they're trying to evoke 1994, but this feels a lot more like the Republican version of the Democrat 2008. At least it's more specific than "Hope" and "Change we can believe in".
    Jon Stewart eviscerated this on his show last night:
    The source for The Daily Show fans, with episodes hosted by Jon Stewart, Ronny Chieng, Jordan Klepper, Dulcé Sloan and more, plus interviews, highlights and The Weekly Show podcast.
    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

    Comment

    • All-American
      Right, as Usual
      • Nov 2008
      • 15666

      #3
      Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
      Jon Stewart eviscerated this on his show last night:
      http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th...rom-the-pledge
      I don't mind if they're the same ideas, provided that we actually stick with them this time around.
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

      Comment

      • happyone
        Board Bookworm
        • Mar 2009
        • 5398

        #4
        My thought is the that the Pledge is Contract light. We'll see if they actually follow through - if they win

        I may be small, but I'm slow.

        A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

        Comment

        • mUUser
          Giggity
          • Jul 2009
          • 1142

          #5
          Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
          Jon Stewart eviscerated this on his show last night:
          http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th...rom-the-pledge

          Great stuff, but a distant 2nd to the "Unions" report a few threads ago. Pure gold.

          Comment

          • EuropeanFootballMale
            Karate/Friendship Master
            • Aug 2010
            • 1339

            #6
            Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
            Jon Stewart eviscerated this on his show last night:
            http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th...rom-the-pledge
            Really? John Stewart did? I'm SHOCKED

            Comment

            • il Padrino Ute
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 19161

              #7
              Do the incumbents really expect anyone to believe what they say? This election is about getting rid of the hard leftists who are in the majority. Despite what both sides say, Congressional gridlock is good for the country because it prevents the federal government from intruding into the lives of citizens.
              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

              Comment

              • beefytee
                Board eye candy
                • Mar 2009
                • 7542

                #8
                Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                Do the incumbents really expect anyone to believe what they say?
                I tend not to believe anything politicians say.

                Comment

                Working...