Clear All

• Weather for Hartsville, SC

Fri
    109° 75° :yikes:

Sat
    106° 77°

Sun
    100° 72°
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
      Weather for Hartsville, SC

Fri
      109° 75° :yikes:

Sat
      106° 77°

Sun
      100° 72°
      Come on up north where it's only expected to be 106 on Friday, but the humidity is climbing. And as a crazy contrast, we hit a record low for this date today where the low was 56°.
      I have nothing else to say at this time.

Comment

• DAMN!

Accuweather "Real Feel" says 116°F.
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Another sizzling day. It was well over a 100 today. It ended with another powerful thunderstorm. Not quite the derecho we had last week but still strong enough to down some trees and create 1" hail. It also knocked our power out for about 4 hours. It went out just as we sat down to dinner so we ate in the dark and then waited it out in the basement where it was much cooler. We made the best of it by playing The Lower Lights on the laptop and then letting the girls sing their hearts out as Fun. played.

Apparently a tornado touched down about a mile from our home taking out a business and a residence. No warnings. At least last week I was getting texts from the emergency broadcast system to take cover as tornadoes had been spotted. Kind of scary. I am ready for summer to be over.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

• I am in DC with the family on vacation. The heat has been absolutely brutal. We all cheered when the temp finally dropped this afternoon. Mid-80's the rest of the week. Woohoo!
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• That is brave, going to DC in the summer, I'm headed back out for meetings in a few weeks. Not looking forward to it. Fall meetings will be awesome, though.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                I am in DC with the family on vacation. The heat has been absolutely brutal. We all cheered when the temp finally dropped this afternoon. Mid-80's the rest of the week. Woohoo!
                I am very much looking forward to this week. The 80's will be a welcome relief.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  That is brave, going to DC in the summer, I'm headed back out for meetings in a few weeks. Not looking forward to it. Fall meetings will be awesome, though.
                  It is the only week that worked out for us. But we have been indoors most of the time but walking between buildings has been rough. We have been watching the forecast so we have postponed most of our outdoor stuff until the temps drop.

BTW, the DC food scene is very nice.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

It is the only week that worked out for us. But we have been indoors most of the time but walking between buildings has been rough. We have been watching the forecast so we have postponed most of our outdoor stuff until the temps drop.

Wife and I were there last weekend. Lots of great food options.
                    Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

Did you hit up Ben's Chili Bowl?
                      I have nothing else to say at this time.

Comment

DC has lots of great places, agreed. Fantastic city for dining. Go get a killer steak at BLT. You will not regret it.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          That is brave, going to DC in the summer, I'm headed back out for meetings in a few weeks. Not looking forward to it. Fall meetings will be awesome, though.
                          They said on the news tonight that we had set a record the highest overnight or daytime low. Ever. This week is supposed to be a lot better. Hopefully you have some time left to enjoy better temps.

Comment

I am in DC with the family on vacation. The heat has been absolutely brutal. We all cheered when the temp finally dropped this afternoon. Mid-80's the rest of the week. Woohoo!
                            What sight seeing do you have planned?
                            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                                Foghorn leghorn. Looney Tunes character.

Comment

Working...
                                X