Deseret News Headline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deseret News Headline

As you may be aware, the Des News recently underwent a huge reduction in staff. It looks like the editing staff in charge of reviewing headlines was laid off. I got a good laugh out of this headline on the front cover of this morning's paper:

I noticed that they changed the headline for the online edition:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...er-served.html

I wonder if anyone has called the agency to see if they need anymore volunteers? Yikes.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Still shows to the right on the home page:

http://www.deseretnews.com/home/
    *Banned*

Comment

More evidence that the recent layoffs are really taking a toll at the Des News:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...bugs-bite.html

It created a situation, she said, where administrators weren't sure what to do. Hotel rooms, not courtrooms, after all, are the usual venue for bedbugs. They decided to put any lingering parasites (bedbugs, not lawyers) on lockdown by declaring the courtroom closed for the rest of the day.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        As you may be aware, the Des News recently underwent a huge reduction in staff. It looks like the editing staff in charge of reviewing headlines was laid off. I got a good laugh out of this headline on the front cover of this morning's paper:

I noticed that they changed the headline for the online edition:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...er-served.html

I wonder if anyone has called the agency to see if they need anymore volunteers? Yikes.
        Why would you get a laugh out of this headline? qpq
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
          By "qpq" do you mean "quench polish quench," a type of carbonitriding process for case hardening and increasing the corrosion resistance of a steel workpiece?
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

http://www.cougaruteforum.com/showpo...5&postcount=40

Comment

Nice try.

Comment

The line about bedbugs, not lawyers, was pretty funny.
                "Remember to double tap"

Comment

Originally posted by venkman View Post
                  The line about bedbugs, not lawyers, was pretty funny.
                  Yeah it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Nice try.
                    It was actually very effective.
                    Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                      It was actually very effective.
                      Crap.. I'm the goat.

Comment

Working...