The Republic of China: Taiwan is an Independent Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Republic of China: Taiwan is an Independent Nation

Taiwan is not part of China. I don't want to go to war over that fact, but the right of a people to self-determination should be respected. China's bellicose rhetoric about Taiwan being a part of it doesn't reflect the reality of the situation. We need only look to Hong Kong and Macau to see how the PROC has respected treaties to maintain separate rights.

I support the sale of state-of-the-art weapons to Taiwan to defend itself from an ever-looming Chinese invasion threat. I do not support stationing American troops there or otherwise involving our military. My son (and no one else's) will not die in a war on foreign soil. I'll buy a house in Costa Rica and park him there for the duration before I'd let that happen.

We can use this thread to discuss Taiwan's nation status and how China is a bully and their Winnie-the-Poohesque leader, Xi Jinping, is a dictator who enriches himself and his family to grotesque levels through graft and embezzlement. Basically, Xi Jinping is a big baby who has seized power because the Chinese government is too weak-willed to resist his domination.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

https://eurasiantimes.com/taiwan-inv...g-of-military/

China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) recently practiced loading various military vehicles on non-military vessels of a state-owned shipbuilder industry, according to a recent video by state-owned CCTV. This signals a rising trend of using civilian ships for military training.

The drill involved the docking of several military vehicles, including heavy armor and infantry vehicles, and took place at the dispatch center of the Zhengzhou Joint Logistics Support Center.

It was touted as a logistic exercise involving loading and unloading military vehicles.

The civilian vessels belonged to the state-owned COSCO Shipping. The People’s Republic of China (PRC) boasts one of the biggest shipping industries in the world and owns a record number of civilian ships with robust year-on-year growth.

In what could be a recipe for trouble in the Indo-Pacific, China is increasingly pressing its civilian vessels for military duty. This is significant as it comes at a time of heightened military activity in and around the Taiwan Strait and growing tensions with the United States.
    At the time, Chinese defense enthusiasts stated that the move resembled what seemed to be an extensive preparation for an invasion of Taiwan.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
    X