America's Ruling Class

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • katoa
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2010
    • 106

    #1

    America's Ruling Class

    This superb article is very thought provoking:

    When it comes to the long-running feud between paleoconservatives and neoconservatives, sometimes I feel like James Burke, whose "Connections" TV series followed chains of causality in surprising directions. At other times, I feel like Michael Corleone in Godfather III: "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back…


    I do disagree in some details (I think there is at the core as much disenfranchisement in the Democratic Party as the Republican Party, it is just temporarily faded with "Hope" for "Change" - until they also wake up that their core values are not being represented - such as an aversion to war and ties to big business).

    But it does shed light on a lot of the movements in our society (such as the threats of secession we are discussing on other threads).

    Ain't life grand in the land of serfdom?
Working...