Kyrsten Sinema, the Dems' Mitt Romney

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Uncle Ted
    The Big 12 money shot.
    • Apr 2010
    • 28853

    #1

    Kyrsten Sinema, the Dems' Mitt Romney

    This BYU grad needs her own thread. She was against getting rid of the filibuster and now she is forcing the Dems to gut their $3.5 trillion dollar spending kickbacks bill:

    Kyrsten Sinema blocks Democrats' plan to spend $3.5 trillion on infrastructure, setting up major cuts
    • Kyrsten Sinema on Wednesday came out against Democrats' $3.5 trillion spending plan.
    • Her opposition will force Democrats to scale back the bill to earn her support.
    • She did not specify a new spending amount.
    Sen. Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona on Wednesday came out in opposition to Democrats' $3.5 trillion spending blueprint, virtually ensuring her party would be forced to make substantial cuts to get her on board.

    In a statement to The Arizona Republic, the moderate Democrat said while she supported efforts to bolster the country's economic competitiveness in an infrastructure plan, she believed the bill was too large.

    "I have also made clear that while I will support beginning this process, I do not support a bill that costs $3.5 trillion - and in the coming months, I will work in good faith to develop this legislation with my colleagues and the administration to strengthen Arizona's economy and help Arizona's everyday families get ahead," she said.
    [...]


    God bless this woman.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
  • Moliere
    One man.....one pie
    • Oct 2009
    • 27891

    #2


    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

    Comment

    • BigFatMeanie
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 7117

      #3
      The tweets in that thread essentially boil down to saying the ends justify any means. Extremism on both sides of the political spectrum is nauseating.

      (Cue the folks insisting the other tribe is worse than their tribe...)

      Comment

      • Moliere
        One man.....one pie
        • Oct 2009
        • 27891

        #4
        Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
        The tweets in that thread essentially boil down to saying the ends justify any means. Extremism on both sides of the political spectrum is nauseating.

        (Cue the folks insisting the other tribe is worse than their tribe...)
        I’m glad someone on the left is standing up to the ridiculous $3.5 trillion spending bill.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69723

          #5
          Great idea for a thread. UT, it is nice to see you recognize that being a centrist/contrarian requires some integrity.

          I have been following her case with fascination. The vitriol from the left has been off the charts. This tweet made me laugh:

          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69723

            #6
            This thread is the perfect storm - the very worst of both republicans and democrats unite to hate on mitt romney and krysten sinema.

            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • old_gregg
              scaly man fish
              • Nov 2009
              • 16915

              #7
              nice to see tedbot suddenly very concerned with profligate federal government spending.
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

              Comment

              • fusnik
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 4475

                #8
                The radical left is insane.

                The misogyny alone in their attacks on her is maddening.

                Twitter enables the blue check marks to have an outsized voice in the party when the bulk of the party sits slightly center left and the real base, AA women sit socially light years more conservative than they.

                Comment

                • Uncle Ted
                  The Big 12 money shot.
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 28853

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  This thread is the perfect storm - the very worst of both republicans and democrats unite to hate on mitt romney and krysten sinema.

                  Joe Manchin might could use to be mentioned in this thread as well... LOL at what he did during Chuck's GOP b*tch session:

                  Good for Joe Manchin for blasting Chuck Schumer’s petty partisan barbs

                  Liberal Democrats probably wouldn’t be able to speak a word if they weren’t able to insult and condescend to the very people they need. It’s as if they read a book titled “How To Lose Friends and Influence Nobody.”

                  After several Senate Republicans voted Thursday to join Democrats in temporarily raising the federal debt ceiling, averting a financial crisis, Majority Leader Chuck Schumer took to the floor to insult the opposition that had just saved him.

                  “Senate Republicans finally realized that their obstruction was not going to work,” Schumer huffed. He referenced “the cliff’s edge that Republicans tried to push us over” and harangued Republicans for having “played a dangerous and risky partisan game, and I am glad that their brinksmanship did not work.”

                  Set aside that Schumer was engaging in revisionist history — Republicans were never needed for Democrats to raise the debt limit on their own: Look at how Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin (W.Va.) recoiled at Schumer’s tacky tirade.

                  Manchin was seen behind Schumer shaking his head and then burying his face in his hands, plainly embarrassed by his leader. He eventually got up from his seat to leave the chamber before Schumer even finished.

                  Afterward, Manchin said of Schumer’s comments, “I didn’t think it was appropriate at this time,” and “I’m sure Chuck’s frustration was built up, but that was not a way to take it out. We just disagree, and I would have done it differently.”
                  [...]


                  Schumer needs to be replace by AOC.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • Uncle Ted
                    The Big 12 money shot.
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 28853

                    #10
                    Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                    The radical left is insane.

                    The misogyny alone in their attacks on her is maddening.


                    Twitter enables the blue check marks to have an outsized voice in the party when the bulk of the party sits slightly center left and the real base, AA women sit socially light years more conservative than they.
                    Like Bernie...

                    Scoop: Sanders’ Sinema spat

                    Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) withheld support for a joint statement condemning last weekend's protests against Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) because it also wouldn't include a rebuke of her political views, Axios has learned.

                    Why it matters: The move is emblematic of the hostility between the progressive and moderate members, who have been sparring over the cost and scope of President Biden's agenda. Sanders wanted the statement to urge Sinema to drop her opposition to prescription drug reform, as well as Biden's $3.5 trillion social safety net expansion.

                    Driving the news: An email exchange between Senate Democratic leadership aides, obtained by Axios, reveals Sanders withheld his name from a joint statement declaring protesters who followed Sinema into a bathroom — and filmed her while using the restroom — as "plainly inappropriate and unacceptable."
                    [...]
                    https://www.axios.com/sanders-sinema...71fe2639b.html

                    I hope he runs for president again! Even Bernie would be a big improvement over Joe.
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • Uncle Ted
                      The Big 12 money shot.
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 28853

                      #11
                      The left is having yet another sh*tfit over Sinema sticking to her principles again...





                      Why didn't they just corner her in the bathroom? Oh wait... they have done that.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • Eddie
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2009
                        • 8098

                        #12
                        Olbermann is such a dumb ass. I'd love to hear from him how eliminating the filibuster rule would lead to LESS divisiveness in the country. I have a hard time understanding how he believes have the crap coming out of his mouth.

                        Comment

                        • The_Tick
                          Made something of myself
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 7295

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                          Olbermann is such a dumb ass. I'd love to hear from him how eliminating the filibuster rule would lead to LESS divisiveness in the country. I have a hard time understanding how he believes have the crap coming out of his mouth.
                          Because they believe that once they remove it, the Dems can force through their entire agenda. And once that agenda is put into place, the American public will be so enamored with everything that they were able to do, that they don't have to worry about ever losing the majority.

                          And I'm being serious.

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69723

                            #14
                            God bless Sinema.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • Green Monstah
                              Royal Rooter
                              • Aug 2010
                              • 13966

                              #15
                              So, Sinema is an interesting person. I briefly lived in her district when she first ran for Congress in the mid-2000s. She ran as a bisexual, ex-Mormon, radical leftist. And shockingly, she won. I hardly recognize the politician she's become. It's not that I don't like where she landed. And a politician's gonna politick, I just find it surprising.

                              Maybe I shouldn't, though. In that same time period, I've probably shifted as much to the left as she has to the right.
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                              "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                              Comment

                              Working...