The Oil has been capped: I pray it holds...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dabrockster
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 10951

    #1

    The Oil has been capped: I pray it holds...

    This is good news.. And from my understanding sooner than expected. I can only hold out hope that it will hold and not break.. I hope they are working on alternatives to ensure it holds..

  • happyone
    Board Bookworm
    • Mar 2009
    • 5398

    #2
    ditto, although I thought I heard in one of the news broadcast that the pressure was a little less than they expected.

    I may be small, but I'm slow.

    A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

    Comment

    • dabrockster
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2009
      • 10951

      #3
      Originally posted by happyone View Post
      ditto, although I thought I heard in one of the news broadcast that the pressure was a little less than they expected.
      The article I read said they were monitoring (24-7) that and the pressure seemed to be holding, which is a good sign there is no other leaks in the well. But it has not been fully proclaimed a victory yet....

      Comment

      • il Padrino Ute
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 19161

        #4
        This is the first good news about the spill since it happened. Let's hope the cap will hold and no other leaks will happen.
        "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


        "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

        Comment

        • BlueHair
          Boom Bitches!!!
          • Nov 2008
          • 2894

          #5
          We're fortunate Obama got involved and got this thing done. Who knows how long this would have taken if he hadn't taken the lead and demanded answers. Obama for re-election!

          I hope someone bites!
          Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

          Comment

          • beefytee
            Board eye candy
            • Mar 2009
            • 7542

            #6
            Originally posted by BlueHair View Post
            We're fortunate Obama got involved and got this thing done. Who knows how long this would have taken if he hadn't taken the lead and demanded answers. Obama for re-election!
            Are you talking about Obama kicking some ass?

            http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...-some-ass.html

            Comment

            • il Padrino Ute
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 19161

              #7
              Originally posted by beefytee View Post
              Are you talking about Obama kicking some ass?

              http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...-some-ass.html
              I haven't seen an ass-kicking like that since Barney Fife showed how dangerous he is when he uses judo.
              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

              Comment

              • Uncle Ted
                The Big 12 money shot.
                • Apr 2010
                • 28853

                #8
                Originally posted by BlueHair View Post
                We're fortunate Obama got involved and got this thing done. Who knows how long this would have taken if he hadn't taken the lead and demanded answers. Obama for re-election!
                He's come to save the day!

                [YOUTUBE]kVFdAJRVm94[/YOUTUBE]

                HE HA! HE HA!
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                Working...