Pretty clever if you ask me..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty clever if you ask me..

Cali looking at digital license plates with ads on them as well.. I wonder how much money would help their debt.. Pennys on a dollar methinks...

Link:
    http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...-96758099.html
    Last edited by dabrockster; 06-21-2010, 10:20 AM.

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
    Cali looking at digital license plates with ads on them as well..

Link:
    This brings up an interesting constitutional problem, I think.

I remember reviewing a case in 1st amendment class about license plates and government endorsed speech, but this would be a different case entirely. The licence plate cases before have focused on whether the government should allow religious or political themed plates (i.e. pro life and pro choice vanity plates).

This would amount to the government forcing you to participate in advertising. The state owns the plates, but they are forcing you to carry the advertising message, which is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
      Cali looking at digital license plates with ads on them as well.. I wonder how much money would help their debt.. Pennys on a dollar methinks...

Link:

This could be something else for creative computer hackers to have fun with...

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
        This brings up an interesting constitutional problem, I think.

I remember reviewing a case in 1st amendment class about license plates and government endorsed speech, but this would be a different case entirely. The licence plate cases before have focused on whether the government should allow religious or political themed plates (i.e. pro life and pro choice vanity plates).

This would amount to the government forcing you to participate in advertising. The state owns the plates, but they are forcing you to carry the advertising message, which is problematic.

Like the "Choose Life" plates available soon in Massachusetts and already available in many other states?
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
        X