• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post

However maybe not?

Well they will be dead at least.

Comment

• I have my doubts about the heart surgery story. It resembles a Korean tv show where a South Korean surgeon and his son are taken to North Korea to save the leader at the time.

Http://m.imdb.com/title/tt3693414/pl...ef_=m_tt_ov_pl

I really enjoyed watching the TV show.

Comment

• I'm looking forward to finding out who has better intelligence, TMZ or South Korea.

Comment

• Rocket Man would have been a great EFY speaker.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...n-smart-phones

Comment

• Sister of North Korea’s Kim Jong Un rises in prominence as threats replace outreach

That has reignited scrutiny about Kim Jong Un’s health, after rumors swirled in April that he was gravely ill or had died. Kim reappeared in public in early May after an unexplained three-week absence, one of several prolonged withdrawals by him from the public eye this year.

Andrei Lankov, an Asia scholar and professor at Kookmin University in Seoul, noted that Kim Jong Un has appeared in state media only three times since April 11, once in public, and twice in closed-door meetings, while also not signing official documents at his usual pace.

“Something is wrong with Kim Jong Un’s health,” he argued. “And at such times, it’s important to have a deputy. And who can be such deputy? Someone who is unlikely to take all power for himself or herself.”

. . . . . . .

Bruce Klingner, a North Asia expert at the Heritage Foundation, agreed that Kim Yo Jong’s elevation could be related to concerns about her brother’s health. Kim Jong Il’s stroke in 2008 spurred the leader to prepare his son Kim Jong Un for power.

But Klingner noted that there is no evidence that Kim Jong Un’s absences were because of ill health. South Korea says it thinks the North Korean leader has simply been sheltering from the novel coronavirus.

“Since his return, Kim has seemed vibrant rather than frail, though, of course, not the picture of health, and he remains morbidly obese,” Klingner said.
            Hello America. How do you do?

image.jpg
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• That is a stern looking gal... would hate to be in a poker game with her and President Pence!
              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Maybe this time?

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Best ICBM test hype video ever.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• What a bizarre story. A US soldier in Korea with a recent troubled history in the army was being detained for assault and was going back to the US. He gets away and joins in a tour group going to the DMZ then suddenly bolts and runs across into N. Korea.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/...er-travis-king

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                      What a bizarre story. A US soldier in Korea with a recent troubled history in the army was being detained for assault and was going back to the US. He gets away and joins in a tour group going to the DMZ then suddenly bolts and runs across into N. Korea.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/...er-travis-king
                      This is like the ultimate example of trading a short-term problem for a lifetime problem

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post

This is like the ultimate example of trading a short-term problem for a lifetime problem
                        A lifetime that probably just got much shorter

Comment

• I always wonder about mental health issues when I hear of such things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                            I always wonder about mental health issues when I hear of such things.
                            It very much seems like that's in play here. Sad when thinking of what the North Koreans are probably going to do to him.

Comment

• This is really sad. A few years ago I got on a kick about North Korea and consumed books and documentaries about people defected to NK (he is not the first one to do this) and people kidnapped and taken to NK. This will not end well for him. Poor guy has a lot of torture and brainwashing in his future.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                This is really sad. A few years ago I got on a kick about North Korea and consumed books and documentaries about people defected to NK (he is not the first one to do this) and people kidnapped and taken to NK. This will not end well for him. Poor guy has a lot of torture and brainwashing in his future.
                                Ha (but not "ha-ha" kind of Ha). I didn't get as deep as you, but a few weeks back I went down a Wikipedia rabbit hole and read all about the known defectors. Agree that will not end well. Best case (if he doesn't return) is that he gets brainwashed by a paranoid government that doesn't trust him for 5 or 10 years, and if that goes well he can star as the "Evil American" in state-produced films while living in a small house with a kidnapped wife.

To Bo's point, all of the previous ones have seemed to have various issues, whether they had severe anti-social tendencies or were just really, really bad at decision-making. Good chance this one isn't different in that regard.

Comment

Working...
                                X