X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The family speaks:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/when-th...sla=y&mod=e2fb

Those kids are a handful. Wow.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      The family speaks:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/when-th...sla=y&mod=e2fb

Those kids are a handful. Wow.
      I think that follow-up makes them seem all the more endearing. And I like the various reactions in this thread, btw...

Comment

• I case you wanted to know who not to invite to your next party, give this a read:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/sickpil...t-think-funny/
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          I case you wanted to know who not to invite to your next party, give this a read:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/sickpil...t-think-funny/
          Good grief. Get a life, Rachel.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Good grief. Get a life, Rachel.
            She sounds like she'd be a lot of fun. Fortunately, the WSJ article essentially refutes all of her concerns.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              She sounds like she'd be a lot of fun. Fortunately, the WSJ article essentially refutes all of her concerns.
              I get really sick of people making up dumb new ways to get offended.

Comment

I get really sick of people making up dumb new ways to get offended.
                Isn't that basically the definition of the internet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                  Isn't that basically the definition of the internet?
                  Seems that way sometimes.

Comment

• Good hell... Drumpf is now colluding with the North Koreans via Dennis Rodman:

q76wwmi2ks3z.jpg

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...615-story.html
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

For the record, I agree that the simplest explanation is that he fell into a river or something. But I disagree that it would be difficult or out of character for NK to do this.
                      Good recap on BYU student David Sneddon who went missing in South China in 2004 and is thought to be living in North Korea.
                      Quote from his mother, "He's out there and we need to do all we can...as parents and family we cannot give up..."

I've mentioned before that my family and the Sneddons were in the same ward in Nebraska. I grew up with David's older siblings so this is close to home and admit to not being objective on whether David is still alive. Kathleen Sneddon is one of the most spiritual people I have ever known and would believe David is alive if she believed it; not to mention evidence that David successfully hiked through Tiger Leaping Gorge.

Link to radio interview:
                      http://www.cbc.ca/radio/popup/audio/...s=973610051905

Article:
                      http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/t...orea-1.4171353
                      “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                      "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Pak—by coincidence, he has the same full name, Pak Song Il, as the senior member of the New York channel—is thirty-five years old, with short bushy hair and a placid demeanor. Most of North Korea’s twenty-five million people are not permitted to travel abroad, but Pak’s job has allowed him to visit several countries, which he described in terms of their cleanliness: Switzerland (very clean); Belgium (not so clean); Bangladesh (not clean at all). In 2015, he went to Utah (clean) for a nongovernmental exchange affiliated with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The experience convinced him that Mormons have a lot in common with North Koreans. “When the L.D.S. started, they were hated,” he told me. “They were sent to the desert. But they made it thrive. They are organized like a bee colony, where everyone works for one purpose and they would die for it. And they make huge output, as a result. We understand each other very well.”

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...th-north-korea

Comment

• Maybe something on his visit was lost in translation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                            Maybe something on his visit was lost in translation.
                            Expect to hear "We Thank Thee Oh God for Juche" on the next VICE NoKo documentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              Expect to hear "We Thank Thee Oh God for Juche" on the next VICE NoKo documentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                                Very witty

Comment

Working...
                                X