Cop in my home town. What a joke that he was able to get his job back

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dabrockster
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 10947

    #1

    Cop in my home town. What a joke that he was able to get his job back

    This officer was caught going 149 MPH and was not given a ticket. 8 days later he was issued one. I am not sure how they can give him is job back. He obviously used his position as a police officer to get out of it.

    I love living here because the Gahanna police is a no non-sense police department. And I supported this decision. Sadly the Union he is in worked hard to ensure he got his job back. Pathetic..




    To give you more info. This guy has been on our payroll for a while even though he is out on disability. He fell on the job and has been unable to work as a police officer. Yet he can ride a motor cycle 149 MPH and be OK..

    So, once again he is dead weight on our payroll while he sits at home and laughs his way to the bank..

    I despise unions..



    Link:
    Last edited by dabrockster; 03-12-2010, 06:54 AM.
  • Indy Coug
    Heartless Bastard
    • Dec 2008
    • 18747

    #2
    Unions are of the devil.
    Everything in life is an approximation.

    http://twitter.com/CougarStats

    Comment

    • wuapinmon
      Soul Plumber
      • Dec 2008
      • 30711

      #3
      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

      Comment

      • frank ryan
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 12363

        #4
        Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
        This officer was caught going 149 MPH and was not given a ticket. 8 days later he was issued one. I am not sure how they can give him is job back. He obviously used his position as a police officer to get out of it.

        I love living here because the Gahanna police is a no non-sense police department. And I supported this decision. Sadly the Union he is in worked hard to ensure he got his job back. Pathetic..




        To give you more info. This guy has been on our payroll for a while even though he is out on disability. He fell on the job and has been unable to work as a police officer. Yet he can ride a motor cycle 149 MPH and be OK..

        So, once again he is dead weight on our payroll while he sits at home and laughs his way to the bank..

        I despise unions..



        Link:
        http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...d.html?sid=101
        Then give your weekends, 40-hour worksweek, and right to a safe workplace back.

        Comment

        • dabrockster
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2009
          • 10947

          #5
          Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
          Then give your weekends, 40-hour worksweek, and right to a safe workplace back.
          Coming from a card carrying Union person...


          LOL. As if I work ONLY 40 hours..

          Comment

          • frank ryan
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 12363

            #6
            Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
            Coming from a card carrying Union person...


            LOL. As if I work ONLY 40 hours..
            ? What is that supposed to mean? Because I am pro-union I don't have valid points to make?

            Comment

            • Solon
              Lost in the flood
              • Nov 2008
              • 5747

              #7
              Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              ? What is that supposed to mean? Because I am pro-union I don't have valid points to make?
              Unions have done a lot historically for American and world-wide workers.

              Certain developments, such as profit-sharing, government regulations, etc. have called their relevance into question.

              I see both sides of the argument, but I'm very much in favor of "right-to-work" laws. Union membership should be voluntary.
              "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
              -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

              Comment

              • Goatnapper'96
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 10924

                #8
                Originally posted by Solon View Post
                Unions have done a lot historically for American and world-wide workers.

                Certain developments, such as profit-sharing, government regulations, etc. have called their relevance into question.

                I see both sides of the argument, but I'm very much in favor of "right-to-work" laws. Union membership should be voluntary.
                As a Ute fan you might appreciate this. Unions are a bit like BYU fans using 1984 for relevance. Nobody could or should mitigate the positive impacts unions had on improving conditions for workers as well as using collective bargaining agreements to provide the working class a bigger piece of the pie. However, now they are venturing into protecting themselves both individually, such as this case indicates, and the union as an entity. Neither of the trends appear to be helping overall.
                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                -General George S. Patton

                I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                -DOCTOR Wuap

                Comment

                • Shaka
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 10449

                  #9
                  Dr. Gregory House needs a cane to walk, is in constant pain, and has a history of substance abuse but he can ride a bullet bike safely.

                  While I think this cop is a putz I don't necessarily think that certain types of disabilities preclude someone from riding a motorcycle even at 149mph.

                  Comment

                  • Moliere
                    One man.....one pie
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 27878

                    #10
                    Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                    Stupid quote but I'd expect that from FDR. The best thing to do is not join the union because then you get all the union benefits but don't have to pay the dues. I know police officers that didn't join the union and they got same pay and benefits, although they were obviously looked down on a bit.

                    Unions were relevant a couple decades ago but they are no longer relevant today.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                    Comment

                    • dabrockster
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 10947

                      #11
                      Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                      ? What is that supposed to mean? Because I am pro-union I don't have valid points to make?


                      They were not valid points and only reveled that you are a union member, and made the assumption that I was.. I have had good jobs (Even, CURRENTLY) that were not a union position and been very pleased by how I am treated and rewarded for my efforts. Have I had to work weekends, more then 40 hours, or nights. Yep, that was my choice and has not hindered or harmed me at all....


                      Unions have lost sight of what they were for, and this is just another prime example of that. Please explain to me how this union did a great service by ensuring this guy remains on payroll. How it has served the public by allowing this guy on disability to do what he did and still retain his position..... All it did was solidify that unions have run amuck and are using protocol they incorporated to secure the members (Even the bad ones)..
                      Last edited by dabrockster; 03-12-2010, 01:48 PM.

                      Comment

                      • old_gregg
                        scaly man fish
                        • Nov 2009
                        • 16915

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
                        Stupid quote but I'd expect that from FDR. The best thing to do is not join the union because then you get all the union benefits but don't have to pay the dues. I know police officers that didn't join the union and they got same pay and benefits, although they were obviously looked down on a bit.

                        Unions were relevant a couple decades ago but they are no longer relevant today.
                        ah, the freerider problem. it's great to take advantage of!
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
                          Unions were relevant a couple decades ago but they are no longer relevant today.
                          Depends on where you're at.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • pellegrino
                            miserere me
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 12100

                            #14
                            The only problem that I have with Unions is that in many cases they have replaced the power structures they contend against. I support the workers' rights to organize and collectively bargain for better pay, working conditions, benefits, but I am unhappy that many unions have become yet another organization that exploits the worker.
                            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                            Alessandro Manzoni

                            Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                            pelagius

                            Comment

                            • falafel
                              loves to talk on things
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 37982

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
                              Stupid quote but I'd expect that from FDR. The best thing to do is not join the union because then you get all the union benefits but don't have to pay the dues. I know police officers that didn't join the union and they got same pay and benefits, although they were obviously looked down on a bit.

                              Unions were relevant a couple decades ago but they are no longer relevant today.
                              Same with nursing. Until recently, my wife worked at a union hospital but did not join. She got a pay raise out of nowhere b/c the union negotiated it. Hooray!
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                              Dig your own grave, and save!

                              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              Working...