NASA's Constellation/Orion program shot down

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Uncle Ted
    The Big 12 money shot.
    • Apr 2010
    • 28853

    #31
    Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    For those interested in a technology partnership, tech transfer or other licensing arrangements with NASA, you will find this website quite useful:

    http://technology.nasa.gov/


    So we have to pay for technology that we have already paid to develop? Is the NASA in the business to make money? If so, they should have filed for bankruptcy some time ago.
    Last edited by Uncle Ted; 03-22-2012, 10:47 AM.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • Omaha 680
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2011
      • 11182

      #32
      Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post


      So we have to pay for technology that we have already paid to develop? Is the NASA in the business to make money? If so, they should have filed for bankruptcy some time ago.
      Isn't it more like paying for the right to make money off technology that the taxpayers paid to develop? I think that's reasonable.

      Comment

      • Uncle Ted
        The Big 12 money shot.
        • Apr 2010
        • 28853

        #33
        Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
        Isn't it more like paying for the right to make money off technology that the taxpayers paid to develop? I think that's reasonable.
        So where is my dividend check from the government for the technology I own?
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • Omaha 680
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2011
          • 11182

          #34
          Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          So where is my dividend check from the government for the technology I own?
          It's in the form of affordable velcro shoes.

          Comment

          • Uncle Ted
            The Big 12 money shot.
            • Apr 2010
            • 28853

            #35
            Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
            It's in the form of affordable velcro shoes.
            I would rather have the cash.
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • YOhio
              Hipster Mode
              • Nov 2008
              • 26165

              #36
              Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              So where is my dividend check from the government for the technology I own?
              You're probably even, considering they funded the development of the medium that allows you to make a living and all.

              Comment

              • dabrockster
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2009
                • 10951

                #37
                Love the title of the article..

                Obama Ruins Kids Days..

                The Discovery shuttle flew for the last time Tuesday, beginning in Cape Canaveral, Fla., on the back of a 747, looping around the monuments in Washington D.C., and landing in Virginia, where it will ultimately be transferred to the Udvar-Hazy annex of the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum.

                Comment

                • SoonerCoug
                  Joycelyn Elders Supporter
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 4680

                  #38
                  It's too bad the transhumanoid Mormons aren't participating in this thread.
                  That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

                  http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

                  Comment

                  • Indy Coug
                    Heartless Bastard
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 18747

                    #39
                    Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
                    It's too bad the transhumanoid Mormons aren't participating in this thread.
                    That's probably because of the subhumanoids on this board that are bizarrely hostile towards them.
                    Everything in life is an approximation.

                    http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69723

                      #40
                      Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                      That's probably because of the subhumanoids on this board that are bizarrely hostile towards them.
                      lol.

                      Indy lecturing on manners. Bravo.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • Indy Coug
                        Heartless Bastard
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 18747

                        #41
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        lol.

                        Indy lecturing on manners. Bravo.
                        Change your answer in the recent poll.
                        Everything in life is an approximation.

                        http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69723

                          #42
                          Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                          Change your answer in the recent poll.
                          I didn't vote. I don't want to make out with either one of them.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • Indy Coug
                            Heartless Bastard
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 18747

                            #43
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            I didn't vote. I don't want to make out with either one of them.
                            Everything in life is an approximation.

                            http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                            Comment

                            Working...