Common denominator of lds democrats

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • grapevine
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 1992

    #1

    Common denominator of lds democrats

    I have a hard time keeping this up long enough to put these people's justifications in here. Alex Nibley, Fred Voros and Todd Compton all wrote defense of the democrat party and why the church tells them to vote democrat. Comptons spiritual roots of democratic party, Nibley called vote LDS and Voros what he wrote in trib I seen it before. There essays better describe them then the party.

    Here is there common denominator. Members are farther to the right than the church on abortion. They think so. Criticize Mining drilling and logging saying it rapes the earth for profit. Never mind that what we get from the earth the Lord gave us and is essential for human survival. besides the church owns many mining operations. And how would the brethern get to STake Conference or give us General Conference without minng and drilling.

    Need to care for the poor and Democrats have the right way. Don't mention agency or twist it around. Say affirmative action is gospel prinicple though the Lord is no respector of persons. Go on in some cases about gun control and animal rights though the church is not against all hunting.

    If anyone cares to google those three men and democratic party and possibly more you will see a common denominator of LDS Democrats. Thing is they have to defend there position more than LDS Republicans. Also any prominent Republican was embarrasment to church. Some common things they say.
  • jay santos
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 13652

    #2
    How about Marlin?

    Comment

    • BlueHair
      Boom Bitches!!!
      • Nov 2008
      • 2894

      #3
      I've never been able to figure out why so many LDS people are Republican. Joseph Smith seemed to be more of a live and let live type of guy.
      Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

      Comment

      • JohnnyLingo
        La Naranja
        • Nov 2008
        • 3976

        #4
        Originally posted by BlueHair View Post
        I've never been able to figure out why so many LDS people are Republican. Joseph Smith seemed to be more of a live and let live type of guy.
        Exactly, except that Democrats are just as meddling as Republicans, just on different issues.

        Comment

        • Non Sequitur
          Where did I put my bodkin
          • Nov 2008
          • 5773

          #5
          Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
          Exactly, except that Democrats are just as meddling as Republicans, just on different issues.
          I think if Joseph Smith were alive today, he'd be a democrat. Brigham Young would probably have a show on FoxNews.
          "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

          Comment

          • BlueHair
            Boom Bitches!!!
            • Nov 2008
            • 2894

            #6
            Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
            Exactly, except that Democrats are just as meddling as Republicans, just on different issues.
            Being Libertarian, I see huge flaws in both parties. Both parties meddle, but the Republican meddling seems mean spirited while the Democratic meddling seems to be at least compassionate, although misdirected.
            Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

            Comment

            • JohnnyLingo
              La Naranja
              • Nov 2008
              • 3976

              #7
              Originally posted by BlueHair View Post
              Being Libertarian, I see huge flaws in both parties. Both parties meddle, but the Republican meddling seems mean spirited while the Democratic meddling seems to be at least compassionate, although misdirected.
              So Joseph Smith was a compassionate meddler. Got it.

              Comment

              • Hallelujah
                Junior Member
                • Dec 2008
                • 2741

                #8
                Originally posted by BlueHair View Post
                Being Libertarian, I see huge flaws in both parties. Both parties meddle, but the Republican meddling seems mean spirited while the Democratic meddling seems to be at least compassionate, although misdirected.
                Putting the country in record debt is compassionate? If they are so compassionate, why don't they contribute more to charitable causes?

                If I remember correctly, republican states are more charitable. Look at Biden. He donated $250 to charitable causes just prior to running for VP. Sounds pretty compassionate.

                Comment

                • KillerDog
                  a.k.a. K-dog
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 4196

                  #9
                  Originally posted by BlueHair View Post
                  Being Libertarian, I see huge flaws in both parties. Both parties meddle, but the Republican meddling seems mean spirited while the Democratic meddling seems to be at least compassionate, although misdirected.
                  I don't see any difference except in the area they think it is appropriate to meddle. Republicans think the government can tell you what pills to take, Democrats think they can take your neighbors money to pay for the pills.

                  Comment

                  • Non Sequitur
                    Where did I put my bodkin
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 5773

                    #10
                    Originally posted by BlueHair View Post
                    Being Libertarian, I see huge flaws in both parties. Both parties meddle, but the Republican meddling seems mean spirited while the Democratic meddling seems to be at least compassionate, although misdirected.
                    I used to identify with Libertarians. Used to consider myself a Libertarian. At some point, though, I realized that being Libertarian was just an excuse for being politically lazy. Now I'm an independent, which, to be truthful, is just a Libertarian, but without all the drugs.
                    "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

                    Comment

                    • jay santos
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 13652

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                      I used to identify with Libertarians. Used to consider myself a Libertarian. At some point, though, I realized that being Libertarian was just an excuse for being politically lazy. Now I'm an independent, which, to be truthful, is just a Libertarian, but without all the drugs.
                      I just admit I'm lazy politically. I think the Rep's are a 55 and Dem's are 45 on a scale of 1 to 100 communism vs anarchy. The president always moves to a 50, and the fighting between the two parties keeps the gov from passing too many bills. So while I think the political system is largely a joke, I think it actually works pretty well.

                      Comment

                      • Viking
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 6470

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Hallelujah View Post
                        Putting the country in record debt is compassionate? If they are so compassionate, why don't they contribute more to charitable causes?

                        If I remember correctly, republican states are more charitable. Look at Biden. He donated $250 to charitable causes just prior to running for VP. Sounds pretty compassionate.
                        Your party got us into this mess, dipshit

                        Comment

                        • byu71
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 22070

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Viking View Post
                          Your party got us into this mess, dipshit
                          Come on Viking. Don't make assinine statements just so you can swear at exie.

                          Comment

                          • Viking
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 6470

                            #14
                            Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                            Come on Viking. Don't make assinine statements just so you can swear at exie.
                            So who oversaw this? Serious.

                            Comment

                            • byu71
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 22070

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Viking View Post
                              So who oversaw this? Serious.
                              Politicians and financial genius's. The idiocy, greed and power quest is not unique to one party.

                              There is some serious blundering and crap going on right now, IMHO, under a different political party. The incest amongst all of them is rampant (perhaps over stated for effect).

                              There was a shining time, again my opinion. It was when Bill Clinton became a pragmatist under the weight of a fiscally conservative republican congress. Sadly, that time period was short.

                              Comment

                              Working...